Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Re: Bohemian Rhapsody

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
for anyone over 20 ( only so young b/c of Wayne's World) thats like asking if you have ever breathed.

The only thing that might make this thread even remotely interesting is if we knew why you need to kknow if anyone has heard thois song before.. I think that might be the interesting question here

[/ QUOTE ]
I wanted to know because that song kicks ass and everone I chat with has no idea what it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to find less retarded people to talk to.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever heard Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, did they cover the guys from Wayne's World?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the song from when they are all driving in the car going to the club.

"I see a little siloutta(sp) of a man!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I always just assumed that song was written for the movie. You're saying it was a real song before the movie came out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Touche.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
for anyone over 20 ( only so young b/c of Wayne's World) thats like asking if you have ever breathed.

The only thing that might make this thread even remotely interesting is if we knew why you need to kknow if anyone has heard thois song before.. I think that might be the interesting question here

[/ QUOTE ]
I wanted to know because that song kicks ass and everone I chat with has no idea what it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the same week we had a guy who's never seen Animal House, and now a guy who's never heard of Bohemian Rhapsody. Holy crap.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:53 PM

It was only Queen's biggest hit, but hey, they were only wildly famous for about fifteen years, so it's easy to see how these jackasses you hang out with have never heard it.

The guitar solo from that song is one of my favorite things to play...to say nothing of its overall greatness.

In a related note, half the people I work with have never seen The Goonies. Oh, the humanity!!!
Old 07-23-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any song about someone rotting in prison for committing a crime is top notch in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone correct me if im wrong, but isnt the underlying subtext of the song Freddie finding out he has AIDs? The killing of the man is a metaphore of him passing on AIDs to someone?

Oh, and its probably the greatest song ever written, and is without a doubt the best Christmas No1 we've ever had over here in the UK.

Phill
Old 07-23-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any song about someone rotting in prison for committing a crime is top notch in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone correct me if im wrong, but isnt the underlying subtext of the song Freddie finding out he has AIDs? The killing of the man is a metaphore of him passing on AIDs to someone?

Oh, and its probably the greatest song ever written, and is without a doubt the best Christmas No1 we've ever had over here in the UK.

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]

The song was written years before Freddie was diagnosed with AIDS. I think it was written before anyone knew about AIDS. My recollection is that Queen explained that the song was purely intended to be nonsense, a take-off on the "rock opera" type of music of the 70s.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the same week we had a guy who's never seen Animal House, and now a guy who's never heard of Bohemian Rhapsody. Holy crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG. Someone on here has never seen Animal House? What. A. Loser.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Without trying to embarrass that anonymous poster ... did you rent it yet?
Old 07-23-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Without trying to embarrass that anonymous poster ... did you rent it yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but I haven't watched it yet.
Old 07-23-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever heard Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, did they cover the guys from Wayne's World?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the song from when they are all driving in the car going to the club.

"I see a little siloutta(sp) of a man!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I always just assumed that song was written for the movie. You're saying it was a real song before the movie came out?

[/ QUOTE ]wait...that has to be sarcasm right? cuz...w/ 2000+ posts I mean, come on.