Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 12:57 PM

Default Re: AQd on Button

Preflop: As others have said, you should raise.

Flop: The raise is good. With two cards to come, you are going to make a flush by the river about 35 percent of the time. Plus, you have two overcards. Sometimes you'll improve and still lose, but you should have an equity edge here, against two opponents. (By the end of the hand, you'll have a pair of queens or better about 54 percent of the time.)

When BB 3-bets, this indicates he probably has more than just overcards, but I would go ahead and cap anyway. Like Chief mentions, BB's pair doesn't have to be AA. (And even if BB does have AA, you're still not in bad shape, in this 3-handed pot.) Also, if you cap, you increase your chances of getting checked to on the turn, when you can take a free card. (Sometimes you'll even get a free card if BB has a huge hand like a flopped set, because your cap might encourage him to go for a turn checkraise.)

Turn: Looks good.

River: I'm tempted to raise. I think BB is more likely to have a big pair than AK, and you also beat AJ/AT. However, there is some chance he won't pay off a raise if he just has, say, JJ, and also getting 3-bet here wouldn't be much fun.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:08 PM

Preflop - raise!

You should've capped the flop for 2 reasons. One is for value - you have the nut flush draw with 2 overcards against 2 opponents, both of whom will have to call the 4th bet. The second is that you might get the option of taking a free card on the turn.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:18 PM

Not raising this PF is a pretty huge mistake.

Cap the flop because BB is going to call, UTG is stuck in the middle and you have a ton of equity. Afterwards you could probably take a free card on the turn.

I think you also need to raise this river. Youre only behind AA/99/77/66 and theres only 1 combo each of AA/99. Unless hes really aggro I dont seem him playing AKo/AKs this way (consdiering he cant have the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img])