Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 09:11 AM

Default Re: Getting a large portion of your stack in PF with Aces

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why would you muck the best hand? he has the current nuts, only he can't go all in or close to it--infact, it's almost a guarentee he cant' make most people fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

The topic of naked AAxx in the blinds has been discussed many times. You have the best hand, but you are a big dog to the field. Also, you are unlikely to make any more money with a flopped ace unless you are playing with complete idiots. 'nuff said.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 25PLO on party poker, so I think that if I had chosen to simply call here PF it wouldn't have been too tough to get paid off by someone if an A flops. I'm still learning the game though so maybe in the future I might decide it is worth a muck. I suspect though that I have to pay more attention in the blinds and see if I am calling with any other hands that aren't very multi-way like other high pairs with little help in side cards.

Anyway, I'm glad I decided to make the move this time as this thread was very helpfull. I remember reading posts on how much to committ with AA but with the search problems in the PLO forum I couldn't find any and didn't remember what was suggessted. I lucked out this time that I got my money in both times as a favorite, despite losing my stack.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since we're on the subject of AAxx preflop, is it +EV to sit in an agressive game low stakced and push preflop every opportunity you get AAxx? assuming of course you leave after a score, only a moron would think he could survive multiple AAxx preflop jams

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. If I see a higher stakes games with mostly deep stacks I'll buy in low enough that I can shove 60% of my stack in preflop. Sometimes these games are filled with over-aggressive players who are raising many hands 50-60% of hands and reraising with 25% of hands. I don't do it with just aces...if you can narrow yourself down to top 5% of hands (about 32 Hutchinson points) this strategy can be EV with good table selection. Its high variance and pretty mindless, but not bad to try if for some reason your not up to your best post-flop playing form but still feel like earning $.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:55 AM

The money is not deep here. You are able to get all in on the flop, so you could raise with any aces here.

If the money was much deeper, say you a few of your opps had $75 each, I would not raise with no suits. It's not wront to do so, it just sends your variance through the roof.