Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Tell your stories of fish plays at the WSOP

I think Prahlad is Mahatma/Spirit Rock no? Gl taking him down in cash games hehe
Old 07-21-2005, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Round 2, Blinds 50-100.

Happened at my table.

Aggressive Player #1 Limps. Aggressive Player #2 Raises to 300 or so. A few other players call, aggressive player #1 calls.

Flop is JT3 rainbow. Aggressive Player #1 Bets 1000. Aggressive Player #2 insta-pushes for 12,000. All fold, Aggressive Player #2 insta-calls.

AG#1 33
AG#2 Q9

Brick Brick.

ESPN came to film, said the guy who busted was some semi-famous player I never heard of. Prahlad Friedman, or something. I guess he's some young punk who won a bracelet 2 years ago or something. Oh well. I wonder if he plays on the internet, I bet I could crush him in some cash games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this is a joke or not, but Friedman is Spirit Rock on UB and is noted as the best NL HE online cash game player around
Old 07-22-2005, 07:11 AM

i think you can be 100% certain it was a joke.

tough crowd eh
Old 07-22-2005, 01:20 PM

I had an older gentleman sitting to my immediate right in the main event that lifted his cards off of the table and put them in front of his face to look at them. He did this pre-flop, flop, turn and river. I had to ask the dealer to politely tell him that his hand is dead if he leaned back when doing this and brought the cards away from the table. He stopped leaning back, but he kept picking his cards up and bringing them up to his face. After asking him to protect his cards better, I eventually had to start turning my head as soon as I saw him reaching for his cards because it was impossible not to see them. He explained that he had won his seat online and that this was his first experience playing with real cards and real people. Of course I believed him.

Temp
Old 07-22-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Round 2, Blinds 50-100.

Happened at my table.

Aggressive Player #1 Limps. Aggressive Player #2 Raises to 300 or so. A few other players call, aggressive player #1 calls.

Flop is JT3 rainbow. Aggressive Player #1 Bets 1000. Aggressive Player #2 insta-pushes for 12,000. All fold, Aggressive Player #2 insta-calls.

AG#1 33
AG#2 Q9

Brick Brick.

ESPN came to film, said the guy who busted was some semi-famous player I never heard of. Prahlad Friedman, or something. I guess he's some young punk who won a bracelet 2 years ago or something. Oh well. I wonder if he plays on the internet, I bet I could crush him in some cash games.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL if you can't read this as being a joke you may not be as good a poker player as you think
Old 07-22-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had an older gentleman sitting to my immediate right in the main event that lifted his cards off of the table and put them in front of his face to look at them. He did this pre-flop, flop, turn and river. I had to ask the dealer to politely tell him that his hand is dead if he leaned back when doing this and brought the cards away from the table. He stopped leaning back, but he kept picking his cards up and bringing them up to his face. After asking him to protect his cards better, I eventually had to start turning my head as soon as I saw him reaching for his cards because it was impossible not to see them. He explained that he had won his seat online and that this was his first experience playing with real cards and real people. Of course I believed him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not sit quietly and enjoy looking at his cards? Might be easier to read that way.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:50 PM

Early in the second level a swedish kid at my table accidentally bet a 5,000 chip instead of a 500 chip and unfortunately for him the other guy had a set and busted him. I heard of at least two other people who also accidentally bet a 5,000 chip instead of 500.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not sit quietly and enjoy looking at his cards? Might be easier to read that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was relatively easy to get his chips without the advantage of knowing his cards. He gave me a large percentage of them when he called me all the way down with 2nd pair to my nut flush. I am sure that many people would have taken advantage of the old guy, but that is just not me.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:54 PM

Its kind of sad that I am the first one to reply to this post who picked up on Tom's blatant sarcasm.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:57 PM

I saw that! It was hilarious. Didn't his opponent say something like "You must really want this pot,"?