Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 02:37 AM

Default Re: RavenusRhino 5/10sh post hands w/me (and hear me ramble)

i looked up this hand to see what stats i had on bb in this hand

for you my stats are: 26/21 over 200ish hands

for the button is it :50/1 over 170 hands

i dont nkow when this hand occured in terms of the session. but i think i proably put you on being a 2+2 type player who although OOP was trying to iso against the fish. i dunno how you feel about my preflop 3 bet but when you first posted it i hated it, but now i think its okay.

not betting the flop is bad news. but how do you play through if you're me and you bet, button calls and then sb raises on that flop? call down?

stealthcow-
Old 07-21-2005, 02:44 AM

although i can't pull your name off the top of my head- its definetly fun to play with you. we had that 3 handed with a donk going(before our few headsup hands) and it was good because well although it isn't a strong point of my game, i didn't mine lagging it up against you.

what exactly was the hand with the 4 hearts? i remember making the bluff check raise. when i lag it up i go too far often and i definelty suffer from extreme fancy play syndrome. i must've thought (for no particular reason) that you wouldn't expect me to bluff c/r a river without a made hand and didn't expect you to have one yourself judging by the board. but that isn't me making a great read- thats me pushing good play with irrational thinking to justify a bad line.

i'll blame my raising from teh sb with KQo with that i had you down as a 40/30 for a good amount of time, and i think i still have you at that mainly due to us playing smaller handed games.

thanks a lot for the kind words. i hope this post doesn't come across as where i'm fishing for compliments, but i really am going down to 2 tables and going to try and kink out my stream of errors.

stealthcow-
Old 07-21-2005, 02:47 AM

i'm between gonig down to two tables of 5/10sh and 4 tables of 3/6 sh.

i think i am playing bad. and i dont think playing easier opponents is neccessarily going to make my mistakes fix themsevles. so i think going down to 2 tables of 5/10sh and tryign to play "perfect" would be better for me. but its definetly an option i might look into 4 tabling 3/6 sh before 4 tabling 5/10sh (if i plan oin going back up to 4 tables) as my confidence is shot and it could definetly help

stealthcow-
Old 07-21-2005, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm raising from the SB. Even 4-handed, my range here isn't such that I think 3-betting with A9o is particularly bright, especially with Button (who I had earmarked as a calling station, IIRC).

[/ QUOTE ]
With a terrible player open-limping on the button, I would raise a very wide range of hands from the SB for value and to knock out the BB so I can play heads up with the calling station.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:50 AM

it could be just because it is a weirdass name, but i have remebered you ever since the first time i played against you. but i have thought "this guy doesn't suck ass" when i see your name. i don't have enough hands to judge entirely but your play is definitely >decent.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm raising from the SB. Even 4-handed, my range here isn't such that I think 3-betting with A9o is particularly bright, especially with Button (who I had earmarked as a calling station, IIRC).

[/ QUOTE ]
With a terrible player open-limping on the button, I would raise a very wide range of hands from the SB for value and to knock out the BB so I can play heads up with the calling station.

[/ QUOTE ]

My range is actually narrower than most from the SB against a calling station. Maybe it shouldn't be, but my raise is basically A7s+, A9o+, KJo, KTs+, 66+, and thereabouts. I'm not raising anything that A9o is looking particularly worthy of a 3-bet against, especially given the fact that Button is calling the 3-bet, so you aren't going to get it HU with position, and you will very rarely take this pot down UI. Against my PFR range here and a calling station basically limping with half his hands (his stats were basically 50/1), you're looking at about 27% equity on your 3-bet, and it bloats the pot. I'd rather call and allow myself to use a bit of position on the good player in the event that I flop something.

That said, as much as I dislike the preflop 3-bet against me, I'm sure there are some 2+2ers against whom it might be a good idea. However, I think that a lack of a flop bet is even worse.

Rob
Old 07-21-2005, 03:39 PM

you obviously have a narrower range of hands then most. i'm suprised you aren't raising KTo. do you raise QJs QJo JTs JTo here? all of those for me other then JTo are easy raises for me, and JTo i will if bb is on the tighter side (which i am closer too)

regardless it definetly is a marginal 3bet, but considering that i only had 200 hands on you and didn't know this, 3betting preflop helps me force you to define your hand.

i definetly hate my checking the flop but why didn't you lead out?

stealthcow-
Old 07-21-2005, 04:09 PM

Going two tables should help you. It turned my game around, and after about two and half weeks I started integrating a third table back, and hopefully the fourth soon too.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
although i can't pull your name off the top of my head- its definetly fun to play with you. we had that 3 handed with a donk going(before our few headsup hands) and it was good because well although it isn't a strong point of my game, i didn't mine lagging it up against you.

what exactly was the hand with the 4 hearts? i remember making the bluff check raise. when i lag it up i go too far often and i definelty suffer from extreme fancy play syndrome. i must've thought (for no particular reason) that you wouldn't expect me to bluff c/r a river without a made hand and didn't expect you to have one yourself judging by the board. but that isn't me making a great read- thats me pushing good play with irrational thinking to justify a bad line.

i'll blame my raising from teh sb with KQo with that i had you down as a 40/30 for a good amount of time, and i think i still have you at that mainly due to us playing smaller handed games.

thanks a lot for the kind words. i hope this post doesn't come across as where i'm fishing for compliments, but i really am going down to 2 tables and going to try and kink out my stream of errors.

stealthcow-

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, yeah it must be fun to play with me recently. I've had sooo many sessions last few weeks where I get lots of raising hands then COMPLETELY whiff the flop. So my image becomes even weak-tighter than I really am. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2005, 11:53 PM

Found the 4 hearts hand:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 2 handed) converter

Preflop: Loser is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Loser posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Loser (poster) 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Loser bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Loser calls.

Turn: (5 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Loser bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (7 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Loser bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Loser calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 3d 3c (two pair, sevens and threes).
Loser has Ac Qd (two pair, aces and sevens).
Outcome: Loser wins 11 BB. </font>