Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Horrible play or nice play back at the stealer

[ QUOTE ]
Youre out of position and chances are pretty small that you'd catch a good flop. In the vast majority of flops you would either have to check/fold which makes you look even weaker, or a huge bluff which could ruin your tourney right then and there. If you did happen to catch a great flop with your T9, would you get paid off for it?

-Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong thinking. you don't need to check fold if you miss the flop. remember that the villian will miss the flop as often as you will, so you can push with absolutely nothing and many many times villian will fold.

And a hand like T9s can sneak up on people, it makes some nice hands that oppoents will often pay off.

So in this spot against someone you *think* is raising light, I often just like a call with a decent hand. On the flop you can decide what to do. I'll often push any flop without an ace or a king, you'll be suprised how often this takes down the pot.

Remember that many people won't lay down a hand like AJ preflop, but will frequently fold to a flop push if they missed.

So in this spot, I'd just call and look at the flop. If I flop a big hand, I'll slowplay. If I flop a draw I'll check-raise push. If I missed the flop but the flop has no Ace (and maybe no king), I'll push.

-Scott
Old 07-20-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Horrible play or nice play back at the stealer

[ QUOTE ]
Your right, I made it incorrect to do the stop and go.

My thinking was that he misses over 1/2 the time, so he has two chances to fold and I know Im going to war.

The reraise SCREAMED high pair (if not, how would you play AA in the same situation, you wouldnt push 6500 into a 2000 pot).

Even if he didnt push, after the flop there would be 8k in the pot, and my 4k push would give him 3:1 which he would probably call with a missed draw.

As it came out, it didnt matter, flop was 9 high, I would have pushed anyway and if he called then I was out when the jack came on the river!!!

Thanks
-VI

PS: With the same setup, how would people play AA. My goal is how to take advantage of the GOOD players who think, but I doubt the stealer was going away with AJ no matter what.

[/ QUOTE ]

If u push on a 9-high flop, I'd guess there is a high probability he will muck and you scoop.

-Scott