Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 12:58 AM

Default 6-Handed NL Rocks!

I hate 10-handed tables because you need a very strong hand to beat the other nine players. Johnny Moss made the comment he did not care for the 10-handed games either and thought it should be 6-handed like they are in Texas. I find a significant difference between the 9-handed ring games and the 10-handed ring games in that it seems you need a MUCH stronger hand to win a pot (about 15% stronger).

6-handed NL allows for a lot more creativity. I find limit to be a little boring. I like the strategy of NL where I can control the odds my opponent gets. For the uber flush chasers, I charge them top$. For the bluff proof, I pound them with nuclear bets. NL is just a lot more profitable which is more fun to me...
Old 07-20-2005, 01:15 AM

Default Re: 6-Handed NL Rocks!

I like in limit you can fire in bet. Just really piss pound certain hands. Over pairs are huge in limit, no limit on the other hand you have to be more careful with them. It mightcould be that im partial to limit because I had a piece of a game for a couple of years and limit is way better for the house, especially if it is a home game.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:35 AM

Default Re: Is NL cash game just easy?

read fimbuls 2/4 post Gammboool; this could have been done with any two, the fact he had a draw just reduced his variance. play 6 max....full ring is boring imo. 6 max involves picking up a lot more pots and playing more marginal sit., you should be firing at small pots with air sometimes. you should be manipulating the pot to apply pressure on villain when you want him to fold, and manipulating where its an easy call when you have a monster, only for him to arrive at river saying "i HAVE to call the rest of my stack here" of course you should mix this up, but u get the idea.....if u are only betting when u have the goods, tou are not playing NL. there is no more satisfying feeling than firing a huge shell and knowing villain is laying down the best hand. personally, i hate limit....i cant win in limit without cards, i can in no limit. of course good cards are better and more profitable. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2005, 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i hope you see the 'huge gaps in knowledge' in your own post applied to NL. if all you are doing is sitting and waiting, good players will not only take many pots from you, but they will also be taking all the money from the bad palyers at the table while you sit back and watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the responses, I was oversimplifieing on pourpose. There just seems to be less to learn, I want to study NL but I need" NL hold em for the advanced player. "
Please Mr Sklansky, I will buy two copies.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:29 AM

Shorthanded is the way to go. Even when you're folding you're busy because you're desperately trying to get all the info you can because you know you and your stack will need it soon.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:17 AM

Why did you chose a username of a NL movie character?

Could you imagine "Rounders" to be as exciting if it was a Limit movie?
Old 07-20-2005, 09:56 AM

its scarey here without you.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:06 AM

From my experience the difference between the two is having a pair an not having a pair. Most people dont have the balls to let 1K or more fly on a bluff. Or lose all there money at once. NL is a much more complex game i think your problem is you cant beat it as well. You shouldnt wait around 3 hours for a hand and in NL you dont have to. You can take down big pots with nothing where in fixed limit you actually need a hand as almost all pots are shown.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
personally, i find live limit much more fun than NL.

its more relaxing, and you can fire more bets with out that really sick feeling you sometimes get in NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sick feeling that you're referring to is what i love about NL....To me, LHE is boring
Old 07-20-2005, 12:20 PM

Default Re: 6-Handed NL Rocks!

[ QUOTE ]
I pound them with nuclear bets

[/ QUOTE ]

This should be your Loc.
Closed Thread