Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 04:46 AM

Default Re: Wynn 5/10 NL Deepstacks

You keep talking about hte BB, but he folded, you are saying he would have called 200 but not 600 so that is one of the reasons you raised? With 1k stacks, it's easy, you put him all in on the flop because you assume a lot of turn cards will kill your action and he could have any number of hands and you have the BB to worry about, but the way you describe this guy and with 6k it isn't so easy...

why is a set out of his realm again?
Old 07-19-2005, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i think this is a fairly easy fold. it's kind of like a reverse implied odds situation. if he flopped the straight, he's not necessarily gonna lose the rest of his considerable stack to you if the board pairs (you said he knows you have a big hand here, so he'll likely realize you filled up), but if your read is wrong and he did raise 66 or 55, then you're completely screwed. there's 1400 in the pot, 1200 more to you, 4200 behind to play for, you only have 7 outs if he has the nut, and you may not get paid off even if you hit. fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like this sums it up very well.

What would be ridiculous would be giving him credit for a bigger set/straight and bluffing him out of the pot when the turn is a heart...but that is probably a line for the movies or something...
Old 07-19-2005, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

why is a set out of his realm again?

[/ QUOTE ]he said something about how he believes this guy would limp UTG w/AA-22, but these seems kind of difficult to confirm. i cant imagine you guys are deep and he wouldnt make it 40 w/66 at least sometimes...
Old 07-19-2005, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In this type of game, I know villain well enough to assume he would go for a limp-raise with any big pocket pair

[/ QUOTE ]

he said something about how he believes this guy would limp UTG w/AA-22, but these seems kind of difficult to confirm. i cant imagine you guys are deep and he wouldnt make it 40 w/66 at least sometimes...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are refering to the above quote, which makes sense for AA, but not for 22 - 88...
Old 07-19-2005, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He will limp with any pocket pair in current game conditions.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-19-2005, 04:57 AM

BTW/ can you ban ppl?
Old 07-19-2005, 05:13 AM

All of the above is valid and of course players in this game can mix it up and suprise anyone at any given time.

I was refferring to the BB because it effected my thought process as to why I made it $600 instead of cold calling the raise. I was saying how it would be difficult to play the turn if I flat called because of the BB.

And why should I be banned?
Old 07-19-2005, 05:16 AM

I also guess I went to far in my original post. I kept going on with questions and mentioning things because after the action described in my first post, the clear answer was fold, but the reason I posted this was because of my flop decision after Villain makes it $200 and action is to me. I had all those things to consider. So I guess what I'm really asking is how should I have proceeded with the hand from the point where it was my action $200 to go and on. Was making it $600 than folding to a raise the right play? And what would of happened if I called?
Old 07-19-2005, 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And why should I be banned?

[/ QUOTE ]SRY.
the ban Q was completely unrelated to your thread...
Old 07-19-2005, 10:20 AM

Pretty easy fold, I think. I posted a hand a while back where I folded 77 to similar action on a 789 flop. Similar situation here.