Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Re: NFL Preseason predictions

Giants play the Jets in the Super Bowl. New York wins.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Giants play the Jets in the Super Bowl. New York wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

New York also loses.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

AFC East
NE
Buf
Jets
Mia

NFC East
Phily
Wash
NYG
Dal

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funny, you have Buffalo finishing 2nd in the AFC east after they lost alot of players, and their starting quarterback is going into his 2nd season with no expereince. J.P. who?

Even better you have the Redskins finishing in 2nd(4th last year) in the NFC east. This after they lost Smot, Coles and Pierce. Arrington is in a conract dispute after not playing much last year and you have Sean Taylor facing 10-to-20. After the Giants and Cowboys have made a number of roster improvements in the off season and the skins are all capped out its easy the redskins will finish last in the east.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is funny, you have Buffalo finishing 2nd in the AFC east after they lost alot of players, and their starting quarterback is going into his 2nd season with no expereince. J.P. who?

[/ QUOTE ]

I went one further -- I had Buffalo in the playoffs.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:57 AM

My predicitions.

My usual: Texans will have a better record than the Cowboys. (Have a standing bet)

Texans will make the playoffs and have a better year than the Jags, coming in second in their division.

Andre Johnson will lead the league in Rec. Yards.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My predicitions.

My usual: Texans will have a better record than the Cowboys. (Have a standing bet)

Texans will make the playoffs and have a better year than the Jags, coming in second in their division.

Andre Johnson will lead the league in Rec. Yards.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are putting them at what, 10-6? That's optimistic. I'll have to find a site with an over-under for each team, but putting the Texans at 9.5 (which is basically saying they are a borderline playoff team) seems at least one game too high.

Edit: These lines seem pretty spot on. There were a couple that looked like good bets (Jets over, Titans under) but those are both close calls. Note that the Texans are at 7.5
Old 07-19-2005, 11:25 AM

NYG could definately be better w/ burress but I'm not sold on eli yet.... and their defense is not going to win games for them (28th in the league against the run), like buffalo's can. Also the heavy workload is gonna catch up to barber who is not your typical 300 carry back and also turned 30 this year which is huge for RB's.

Dallas has bledsoe which loses them 2 games right there and parcells just doesn't seem to want to be there. So I don't expect him to turn in one of his superior coaching jobs... he already did that his 1st year there.

As for washington, arrington will play, taylor is an idiot but will play, moss is the type of receiver that gibbs likes and I think Joe Gibbs who is one of the best coaches ever at generating positive matchups for his team will turn things around after a year on the job training. Plus their defense was 3rd overall last year, so a small improvement in the offense could be a couple of games

So that's my thinking on those picks, plus I don't anticpate any team in the east being close to the eagles w/ or w/out TO
Old 07-19-2005, 11:27 AM

Yeah 10-6 or 11-5. That might be pretty out there but, I think they are going to score alot this year and I think our defense core is going to better than last year with a stronger secondary and some good play at Linebacker from Babin and Peek.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:35 AM

Houston will win 4-5 games in Conference play.

Then they could possibly win 5-or 6 of these 8 games Zona, SF, Seattle, St. Louis, Cin., Cleveland, KC, Baltimore.

Also they get Pitts at home in week 2 which should be a hard game for the Steelers since I think the Texans are a much better team at home.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:01 PM

NYG added more then just burress, their O-line will be much better this year which will definitely help Barber. He will get 1500+ total yards again like last year, even though he is a year older. Though the defense was poor last year this was do mostly to injuries. They only had 3 defensive starters players that finished the season that started opening day. With pro-bowlers Michael Strahan and Shawn Williams back, a healthy Will Paterson at corner and the addition of Antonio Pierce at middle linebacker the Giants defense will be much better.

Dallas adding bledsoe is actually better then what they had last year. Bledsoe will have more targets to throw to in dallas, including one of the best receiving tight ends in the league Jason Witten. Running back Julius Jones finished the season very strong coming back from injuries and the O-line is pretty solid. Jones played less then half the season and he had over 800 yards.

washington has lots of problems. Gibbs can't even get his star players to show up to practice even after pleading with them. He got in trouble with the league for practice violations so as a penalty he is losing some team practices. Moss is also no Coles, and I can't believe that Gardner is still on the roster. As for the defense, yes they were 3rd in the league, but losing your best corner(Smot) your best linebacker (Peirce), and who knows how well Shawn Springs will play after his season ending concussion last year and that he is getting old.

Eagles, will definitely win the division, but it will not be as easy as it was last year for them.