Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Interesting floor decision at Bay 101 last night

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
an agrument for the four color deck

[/ QUOTE ]
A better arguement for players paying attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Section 2 - House Policies

7. To keep the action moving, it is possible that a game may be asked to continue even though a decision is delayed for a short period. The delay could be needed to check the overhead camera tape, get the shift supervisor to give the ruling, or some other good reason. In such circumstances, a pot or portion thereof may be impounded by the house while the decision is pending.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what do you do if that guy proceeded to lose all his chips? Follow the bouncing ball and take them from the guy who wasn't involved in the original hand but now has the majority of the chips that guy had, thus penalizing someone who had nothing at all to do with the original scenario?
Old 07-18-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So what do you do if that guy proceeded to lose all his chips? Follow the bouncing ball and take them from the guy who wasn't involved in the original hand but now has the majority of the chips that guy had, thus penalizing someone who had nothing at all to do with the original scenario?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm reading you post correctly, that's exactly what the rule is for. The guy can't play the chips until the floor is sure that they belong to him.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm reading you post correctly, that's exactly what the rule is for. The guy can't play the chips until the floor is sure that they belong to him.

[/ QUOTE ]
By the time they were "impounded" (that's actually exactly what the floor said, so thanks for pointing out RRP -- I'm sure he was quoting it), he'd probably played at least a half-dozen hands.

Not too many more than that, of course, 'cause the action kept stopping :-P But easily enough for him to have lost the handful of bets that he won in that pot.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:35 PM

The situation is questionable at best but I think of one thing that comes to mind. If you're not in a hand don't talk about the hand. The new player that was sitting down should leave it up to the players in the hand and the dealer to decide what hand wins.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The situation is questionable at best but I think of one thing that comes to mind. If you're not in a hand don't talk about the hand. The new player that was sitting down should leave it up to the players in the hand and the dealer to decide what hand wins.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nicely ignorant and selfish attitude.
Players make mistakes.
Dealers make mistakes.
If you see the pot being pushed to the wrong person, you are a class A donkey if you don't speak up.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:34 PM

Cards speak once they are all turned over. If the other guy had only turned over one card, then his hand is dead. However, since both cards were exposed, the best hand wins. They do go to the camera for this at Bay 101. I've seen it, and they are right to do so. Usually, they put the contested pot in a rack, and slide it off to the side. It may be hard to get the exact pot size correct at 3/6, but in the bigger games, it always happens, though it takes a little bit of time. While they are reviewing the tapes, the next hand is supposed to be dealt. The money in the rack doesn't play. After it's all sorted out, then that's that. I can't see any better way to deal with it.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:59 PM

I'm sorry, I was the dealer. I should have paid more attention but it was my first day on the job! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> </font> <font color="pink"> </font>