Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2005, 10:47 PM

Default Re: Getting the most out of HUDs

As for what I use on my HUD...

I have the usual suspects. VPIP, PFR and total # hands sit directly under each players name (total #hands tells me right away how much weight I should give these numbers - very important). Directly under these three numbers are flop aggression, turn aggression and river aggression. Directly above the players names are folded SB to steal, folded BB to steal and attempt to steal the blinds. And the player icon is just next to their name.

Seperating the street aggression levels helps me pick out really weird tendencies in opponents. For example, a significant number of people have something like 0.5 flop / 0.34 turn / 3 river, which indicates that they either slowplay their hands and wait for the river to raise or they bluff on the river a lot. There's also other weird inconsistent agro numbers I see such as 0.4 flop / 2.5 turn. I can check-raise the turn on these people at will. I find the street by street breakdown very useful for those reasons.

The blind stealing stuff is mostly for short handed play. If some dude has a 0% folded SB or BB to steal and I've got a good number of hands on him, then I know to make sure I only raise with the goods. And if someone has a 100% attempt to steal the blinds, I know I can play back at him with a broader range of hands.

I use PV, but I might give pokerace a try...
Old 07-16-2005, 10:51 PM

Hey Dave, intersting idea about the by street aggression. I never thought of it like that -- that might be really useful. This is exactly the kind of input I was looking for thanks.

Would you post a shot of how you get all those numbers to fit?
Old 07-16-2005, 11:01 PM

Sure, here it is. It's a bit squashed up but it does the trick. I lower the font size slightly so it fits.

Old 07-16-2005, 11:05 PM

Nice.

I like the idea of color coding based on different stats, I'm going to have to try that out.

Do you find a need for the Folds to Steal and Attempts to steal stats, or do you just use the "hotspots" when necessary?

Edit: Oh, yeah, almost forgot to ask. Don't you guys find a little value in the "Show Shown down hole cards" feature? I love it, that way if villian does something out of the ordinary like LRR or donkbets the River, and doesn't win, I at can get the information about those plays without having to pull up Pokertracker.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:07 PM

Cool. Nice layout. This gives me some ideas.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:25 PM

Showing hole cards is great, but it works haphazardly on PV for me at least.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I at can get the information about those plays without having to pull up Pokertracker.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can just pull it up from the HH history window in party (top right corner), but yeah it sounds like a neat feature.

I'm about to try pokerace. It looks awesome. I wish I'd had the idea to write software like this.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm about to try pokerace. It looks awesome. I wish I'd had the idea to write software like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just make sure you read up in the Internet Forum about it. People have been getting the nasty letters from Party/ skins and some have claimed to have had their accounts closed because of it.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just make sure you read up in the Internet Forum about it. People have been getting the nasty letters from Party/ skins and some have claimed to have had their accounts closed because of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you are confusing PokerAce with PokerEdge.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. I did a search and got a bunch of threads talking about empire accounts being closed because of PokerEDGE... but absolutely nothing like that for PokerACE, not even in the threads where the author is announcing newly released versions. Are you sure you aren't confusing the two?