Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory Review

[ QUOTE ]
Depp had the same unique nuttiness as Gene Wiler had. It felt different, of course, but it wasn't bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you say that? I mean come on, how can you say that? Depp's "unique nutiness" is NOTHING like Gene Wilder's. Depp's Willy Wonka is more reminiscient of Michael Jackson than Gene Wilder's version.

This movie sucked. If you liked the original I suggest seeing it agian instead of this garbage. It's mildy entertaining but it just doesn't do justice to the original so it ruins it all IMO. Just goes to show how amazing Gene Wilder was. He completely made the old movie and pretty much every movie he was in.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Willy Wonka is the original, Charlie is the remake. I refuse to see that pile of horseshit.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know... it was a book to begin with.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Willy Wonka is the original, Charlie is the remake. I refuse to see that pile of horseshit.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I love when people try to be funny and sound dumb. Charlie is the original, as in the book. Willy Wonka was the movie where they changed the name.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This means nothing in this argument. Willy Wonka is still the original movie. Charlie is the remake.

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I love when people try to be funny and sound dumb. Charlie is the original, as in the book. Willy Wonka was the movie where they changed the name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain how I sound dumb? I was correcting the OP so there was no confusion for anybody else. The remake is called Charlie & The Chocolate Factory and the original movie is called Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They made WW a rambling idiot. No uniqueness that Gene Wilder had. Wilder's Wonka was clever and witty. Depp's is a [censored] idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depp had the same unique nuttiness as Gene Wiler had. It felt different, of course, but it wasn't bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't say "same unique." Unique means one of a kind. If something is the same as something else, it's not unique.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This movie will be terrible. You can tell from the previews that it won't even touch the original. They made WW a rambling idiot. No uniqueness that Gene Wilder had. Wilder's Wonka was clever and witty. Depp's is a [censored] idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious? that was easily gene wilders worst role ever. he came across as a wacked out pedophile.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This movie will be terrible. You can tell from the previews that it won't even touch the original. They made WW a rambling idiot. No uniqueness that Gene Wilder had. Wilder's Wonka was clever and witty. Depp's is a [censored] idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious? that was easily gene wilders worst role ever. he came across as a wacked out pedophile.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is some sort of joke, right?
Old 07-16-2005, 12:04 AM

SIDEBAR: how did the dahl book become nearly as famous as it did anyway? its just some random, pretty good kiddy story. i dont see anything so amazing about it that it deserves 2 movies and a threadslot on OOT.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I remember, WW was a wierdo in the books. The origional movie was a poor adaption, but a wonderful movie. I hear the new movie is truer to the books, I was a huge Dahl fan as a kid.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2005, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SIDEBAR: how did the dahl book become nearly as famous as it did anyway? its just some random, pretty good kiddy story. i dont see anything so amazing about it that it deserves 2 movies and a threadslot on OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

James and the Giant Peach. Nuf said, but there were others equally as gifted.

TT