Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 07:55 AM

Default Re: 3-bet with a beautiful hand...AJs 5/10 NL

considering LP, who is "just bad", is the one three betting here, I wouldnt look for him to fold ANYTHING that is beating us. Given positional descriptions i am assuming this is 6 max, thus i figure a set from our bad player is unlikely, as he would likely raise in position with a premium pp(could be limping 1010 for set, player dependant). Personally, i like OP line given action. Thanks to donk betting we took beatiful odds to peel of another card, especially considering LP has alerted us to the fact he likes his hand a lot, and probably is stacking here. An awesome turn card would be a Q, at which point we are getting the money in on a freeroll against the nut str8 or have the best hand(LP could have q 9 who knows). Since we bricked i am folding.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:58 AM

I play it the same -

pushing the flop is not a good idea.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, still seems "uncomfortable" putting 1600ish into a 300 pot...

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me add that it seems more uncomftorable against 2 players, when it appears getting both of them to fold ain't gonna happen.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:26 PM

Sorry if this was unclear earlier, it's 10 handed, by saying it felt like limit it was because I lead for 50, MP minraised to 100, LP reraised min to 150. On the turn, I didn't include my action cause I thought it was obvious, I check here, a blocking bet might be something to consider maybe heads up but not with LP's 3-bet.