Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 12:51 PM

Default Re: BODOG account DISABLED for Colllusion...HELP

[ QUOTE ]
Was anyone sandwiched in this hand?

Also...if this guy was pissed enough, he may have just reported you in order to be a total prick.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one else was in the hand. I wouldn't be suprised if he did that, he was getting roasted by the table. Bodog players are very active in chat, in the middle of a hand people will type 'call', 'he's bluffing' etc... some of this was going on in the chat while we were playing, it's easy to see how this could play a part...
Old 07-14-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Was anyone sandwiched in this hand?

Also...if this guy was pissed enough, he may have just reported you in order to be a total prick.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one else was in the hand. I wouldn't be suprised if he did that, he was getting roasted by the table. Bodog players are very active in chat, in the middle of a hand people will type 'call', 'he's bluffing' etc... some of this was going on in the chat while we were playing, it's easy to see how this could play a part...

[/ QUOTE ]

your action looks like chip dumping not collusion

it doesn't make any sense for him to accuse you of accepting his chip dumps. Maybe someone at the table pissed at him, or you.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:19 PM

I just called the "Head of the Poker Security Team" at bodog, he said he just got in, is looking into it and to call back in 4 hours...I'll keep you all posted. Anything I should be aware of/say etc when dealing with this situation, I've never been involved in something like this.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:22 PM

just tell in up straight and you should be fine.

i hope it all works out.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

For the last two weeks I had been skeptical of BODOG to begin with just becuase I had seen some ridiculous play at the tables and wasn't completely sure it was as legit as say Party, certain hands were turned up that it was just like how did people get there, certain action river cards, certain 2 outers, etc, I know these things hit in poker, but they seemed to hit with a higher frequency/for more action at bodog

[/ QUOTE ]

For whatever it's worth, i seem to have noticed a lot more crazy cards at bodog too than at other sites. I know, I know, if a new poster here said something like that, I'd take him to task for being an ignorant NOOB, but that's just my off-the-cuff opinion. And it's based on only about 5,000 hands, so it's probably worthless.

I hope you get out of this jam, but if i may be so bold: common sense should have told you something was fishy -- somebody basically just asked to dump his chips to you at a private table, and you accept?? I'm glad Bodog flagged this, personally. If you're on the level, though, i hope you get your $ back.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:30 PM

No reason to tell anything but the truth. Don't complicate matters by considering all contingencies.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

For the last two weeks I had been skeptical of BODOG to begin with just becuase I had seen some ridiculous play at the tables and wasn't completely sure it was as legit as say Party, certain hands were turned up that it was just like how did people get there, certain action river cards, certain 2 outers, etc, I know these things hit in poker, but they seemed to hit with a higher frequency/for more action at bodog

[/ QUOTE ]

For whatever it's worth, i seem to have noticed a lot more crazy cards at bodog too than at other sites. I know, I know, if a new poster here said something like that, I'd take him to task for being an ignorant NOOB, but that's just my off-the-cuff opinion. And it's based on only about 5,000 hands, so it's probably worthless.

I hope you get out of this jam, but if i may be so bold: common sense should have told you something was fishy -- somebody basically just asked to dump his chips to you at a private table, and you accept?? I'm glad Bodog flagged this, personally. If you're on the level, though, i hope you get your $ back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have also noticed something weird with bodog cards.. And I am one of those people that crticize people for saying online pokers rigged. But hey I cant complain when the players are as bad as they are over there.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:14 PM

Ain't that funny -- and this is like the only place I didn't feel the cards were all screwy.

Party&Co takes the cake for screwy cards.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I need to learn the difference between online/live poker, but I've played in some CRAAAAAAZY deep stack NL games, where soemone will get emptied out, take out a loan from say teh host or a friend rebuy to cover and people will just go at it for hours, crazy bluffs, calls etc... it's part of the game. People often say [censored] like 'hey wanna take all my money', etc, or hey 'give me that rubberband when you have no more money' a la tommy angelo story, I just thought this commment was one of those times. I didn't even egg the guy on, another guy was the one who was like yes lets go to another table now...
Old 07-14-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I agree, it should have set alarm bells off with me, but at the saem time, we've all been in a game, were someone is tilting off his rocker, people are talking [censored], being like oh you want to bust me yada yada and it's just part of the game....

[/ QUOTE ]

don't get me wrong, i dont think you did anything wrong, but from bodogs perspective, if this situation wont set off alarms i dont know what would.

he publicly calls you out and then calls an all in with 43? Granted, if people do chip dump it wouldnt be this obvious, so that should be a sign to bodog that it wasnt chip dumping, but i dont blame them for investigating.

good luck