Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 01:50 AM

Default Re: Common HU Turn Sit.

Did Party's recent update change the hand histories?
Old 07-14-2005, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did Party's recent update change the hand histories?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, but all you have to do to fix it is to take out the word "Texas" right before it says "hold'em" near the top.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:37 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

first I said bet. now I'm thinking check. you get bluffed into on the river a lot there, and it sucks to get checkraised even if it won't happen too often. if T9 will take a stab at the river I'd gladly give him a free card
Old 07-14-2005, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Discuss how your ratio varies at diff. limits vs. an unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm assuming you'll be bluff/semi-bluff raised more often at 10/20 and higher than at, say, 3/6. I'm not really basing this off anything, as I haven't played any higher limits than 3/6. I still don't know what my default play would be in your situation if I was asked to give one. I still think I like a bet, as it helps your table image when you're not giving free cards often.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:43 AM

I think betting that card might fold a smaller pair too, so I'm leaning towards bet.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:37 AM

I check it against an unkown usually. This is a hand where i decide what to do depending from my table image and the specific player (rarely he is an unkown thanks to datamining).
Old 07-14-2005, 09:49 AM

I doubt you get bluff/semi-bluff raised here very often, and even if you did, that likely means you would've been bet into on the river if you checked behind anyways, and it won't be easy to call the river with queen high.

If you bet and get check-raised you're likely beaten, and you're only missing out on hitting a 4-outer in a fairly small pot, so having to fold isn't a huge loss. Sure you also lose an extra bet than you would have if you checked then folded the river, but you can't be sure that you're not folding the winner to that river bet. Also, if you are against an ace or king and check then catch a J or Q on the river and decide to call, you would've lost one more bet anyways.

If your opponent has a worse hand, betting charges him to draw, and likely allows you to check behind on the river, greatly reducing the chances of getting bluffed into on the river and having to fold the best hand.

If he has a PP or a 3 or 5, there's a fairly good chance of getting him to fold it if you bet now since the pot isn't very big and there's an A and K on the board, and you were the PFR.

My first instincts were to check here, but now I'm thinking we should usually be betting.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:00 AM

I'f I'm checking the turn, there's no way I'm calling the river UI, unless I'm against the craziest of the crazy, a check here, to me, means giving up unless I hit an out. What do you think?
Old 07-14-2005, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
first I said bet. now I'm thinking check. you get bluffed into on the river a lot there, and it sucks to get checkraised even if it won't happen too often. if T9 will take a stab at the river I'd gladly give him a free card

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are calling this river with Q-high??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2005, 10:46 AM

I think I bet and then hang it up, but a read here is huge IMO.