Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Collussion? Tips? Teamates?

I do this sometimes as a joke when someone is watching me play or in Sit n Go tournies. When the blinds are 15/30, I raise to 99 with pocket 9s or something similar. Throwing out lame size bets seems to even get more callers sometimes, cause it seems so amatuerish.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:03 PM

The thought that someone would be attempting to collude at such a high limit with such a stupid method really almost shows that you shouldnt be playing the game.

Any half intelligent person attempting to collude would use a telephone or some sort of instant messaging.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Any half intelligent person attempting to collude would use a telephone or some sort of instant messaging.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. And unless they are frequently changing their 'code' they are leaving a record of their collusion by consistently betting the same ammounts with the same hands.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:29 PM

So basically every post and reply so far has been to say that nobody is stupid enought to try to tip off a "friend" that they have a set of 333's by betting 333 into what could be a huge pot? I have seen this done at small levels.. But betting 333 into a 400 pot with what could be a possible 3000 pot seems a little more than coincidental to me. I'm not saying its not obvious, it is. I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen this on a potentially large hand on the flop on the 2000 NL tables. Its no coincidence that the same people are playing on the same tables at the same time on the same days...
Old 07-13-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
retarded

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-13-2005, 05:22 PM

The 'retarded' reply was not sarcastic, just true. If he had said "brilliant", that would have been sarcasm.

I see people make bets like that for superstitious or humorous reasons all the time. Maybe he was even trying to announce his set of threes to the table to keep something like JhJx from chasing him down. Whatever the case, almost no way it was collusion.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:30 PM

That was me w/ the 333, my keyboard was broken and i only had one key on it. 33 seemed too small, 3333 too large, hence the bet.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I won't name names, however, i'd love to.
2000 NL game on Party last night.
1 raiser to 100 preflop.
4 callers of 100 including me.
Hero has Ah Qh
Flop 2h 3h 7h
Villain in the Big Blind fires bet of 333 into 400 pot.
Having the nut flush I raise all in.
Villain calls and pairs up to make a full house of 333 over 22. Tell me this is not a tip to the other players, including the raiser that he has a set of 3's? A bet of 333 is so obvious its sick.. I'd like your thoughts on the logic behind this bet of 333. Collusion at its finest? I know there is fishy stuff going on at the 2000 NL game.. your thoughts here? Thanks - Hotkelly

[/ QUOTE ]

jeez, we really need moderators, soon. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2005, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So basically every post and reply so far has been to say that nobody is stupid enought to try to tip off a "friend" that they have a set of 333's by betting 333 into what could be a huge pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kelly - what they're saying is that there are two ways to collude:

1) A lame and obvious way that is actually visible to the other players

2) A telephone, AIM, e-mail, Remote Desktop, a webcam, neighboring computers, etc etc etc....

C'mon, dude.

-dB
Old 07-14-2005, 12:48 AM

Actually the type of collusion you are talking about here is not only common, there's even a website/weblog maintained by a team of colluders on UB and Paradise that use the same method (could be the same people, who knows?) The Weblog can be found here: Weblog of colluders.