Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Some confusing action on the flop

Yes, I'm starting to see it. I finally got to the point where I'm fairly aware of my outs, always aware of the size of the pot. Now it seems I have to shift my focus to interpreting the action, and realizing that a big overlay is not enough when they are screaming in my face that they have something good. It just hurts to see that they all had gutshots or worse...

Thanks again everyone.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:04 PM

Why did you call 2:20 on the flop and then fold 1:19 on the turn?
Old 07-13-2005, 03:19 PM

:Grunching:
Pre-Flop: The limp re-raise by MP-1 makes me think AA, which he was slowplaying. MP2 has a small pocket pair. BB has ??? I think the call of the RR is ok.
Flop: I still have MP1 on a big pair, MP2 now has a set. I would folded to the first 2 bets, let alone the cap. Still not sure what the BB has, he is just calling along... likely a bigger pair like Tens.
Turn: Good Fold, MP1 now thinks his big pair is beat by the straight so he slows down. BB is obliviously calling along with his 10's-fishy.
River: MP2's set is still good, the flush draw isn't scaring him, the other two make the crying call and lose.
Am I close?
-flyangler-

Edit: Now that I see the results I am laughing, what kind of tool limp re-raises with J9?
Old 07-13-2005, 03:28 PM

Good question, thanks for asking. I was sort of regretting the flop call as soon as I did it. Then when the 7 came on the turn and added to the potential straight, it made the fold easy.

When I first saw the flop, my over cards looked good to me with that pot size and at the table I was playing (this level at UB seems a lot looser lately). When my first flop call was raised I realized I was in a bit deep. Then the betting was capped so I had to make the second flop call.