Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Comments Wanted On WSOP Hand

Did he river the wheel or flop trips? too bad you didnt fill up...
Old 07-13-2005, 01:26 PM

Default your flop bet was horrible (nt)

x
Old 07-13-2005, 01:46 PM

Default Re: your flop bet was horrible (nt)

post this in the MTT forum [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. i would 3/4 pot on flop then push turn if called
Old 07-13-2005, 03:22 PM

The responses to your post so far have me laughing. Bet pot, all-in, bet more, yada yada.
The goal with a good hand against an opponent willing to call smaller bets, is to extract money out of him with smaller bets.
Mike, you played the hand perfectly and made correct bets. As for the river, that's a tough one. I think your read that he intended to move on the river with any small card was probably the correct read. I am guessing you called and lost?
Old 07-13-2005, 03:28 PM

Call. You got what you wanted. Don't pussy out know. If your beat, your beat. You wanted to double up, you played to double up, don't second guess yourself now.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The responses to your post so far have me laughing. Bet pot, all-in, bet more, yada yada.
The goal with a good hand against an opponent willing to call smaller bets, is to extract money out of him with smaller bets.
Mike, you played the hand perfectly and made correct bets. As for the river, that's a tough one. I think your read that he intended to move on the river with any small card was probably the correct read. I am guessing you called and lost?

[/ QUOTE ]wrong
Old 07-13-2005, 03:34 PM

Cross post this in the MTT forum.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:40 PM

Couldn't have said it better. However, My only other possible insight into this is that you could have bet bigger on the flop, but this depends on your table image and how you perceive this guy. You mentioned that he was willing to make big calls with mediocre hands. If your know to be a player who makes continuation bets, and he has position on you, then you could have put even more money into this pot on the flop. Most likely though, this guy may have read you as just doing that, and he could have been ressping accordingly. I really think that only the most loose, aggresive of players would have stayed in this hand with A4, A5, or pocket 4s, but what you need to do is ask yourself previous hands he had played to the river and then make an assumpiton from those, because if he is aggressive, and you do make continuation bets, then there is definitely no reason to think that your beat here. Finally, does this guy play on the internet or is he a proffesional, i think the answer to that question might solve your dillema right there.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:43 PM

oh, on a side note, i really think that your table image of whether you make conituation bets or not is the key to this hand.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:49 PM

I think you need to call the river because the opponent is so loose and there is so much in the pot. You need to bet more on the turn because so many river cards are a) bad for you and b) are going to prevent you from betting if you are ahead. It would have been a tough choice between a milking bet of 30k(with planning to call any river), or just pushing the turn and hoping for a call. I dont think he called you on the turn with 44 or a medium pair. Got to be some type of draw.