Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Re: 5/10 6max - Am i just a lucky fish?

[ QUOTE ]

And I think anyone telling you to fold preflop in this hand is absolutely wrong.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt normally play this hand - but i felt like it for some reason. Suited connectors 'appeal' to me. Somewhat n00bish but hey!
Old 07-08-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus, it's more fun when your card hits and you can raise the turn. Thus, I prefer a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I prefer a likely free turn card here, as you will miss your hand much more often than you hit. Also if you do hit your hand on the turn, then raise when bet into you have a higher chance of pushing people out that are drawing dead that would call a single turn bet with something like A high.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And I think anyone telling you to fold preflop in this hand is absolutely wrong.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt normally play this hand - but i felt like it for some reason. Suited connectors 'appeal' to me. Somewhat n00bish but hey!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not noobish at all. This is an easy easy easy preflop call. I honestly think folding is worse than calling with this hand and the button and these limpers.

Rob
Old 07-08-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Plus, it's more fun when your card hits and you can raise the turn. Thus, I prefer a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I prefer a likely free turn card here, as you will miss your hand much more often than you hit. Also if you do hit your hand on the turn, then raise when bet into you have a higher chance of pushing people out that are drawing dead that would call a single turn bet with something like A high.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one is calling a single turn bet with a naked Ace. Also, a flop 3-bet would make me puke.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The preflop limp IMO is bad for shorthanded games, but probably not that bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe its even good. I don't like a fold after 2 limpers

[/ QUOTE ]

I read over the inital post too quick and thought the CO open limped, so I like it better now that I saw UTG limped as well, even though I'm still not overly crazy about it.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No one is calling a single turn bet with a naked Ace. Also, a flop 3-bet would make me puke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I think there are a number of players at 5/10 that will call this with a naked A, but for argument sake change from calling with an A to mid pair, as a hand that will likely call one bet but not 2 that are drawing dead. Getting 3 bet does suck, but it's not absolutely horrible and I would rather take that risk for the free card.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I think there are a number of players at 5/10 that will call this with a naked A, but for argument sake change from calling with an A to mid pair, as a hand that will likely call one bet but not 2 that are drawing dead. Getting 3 bet does suck, but it's not absolutely horrible and I would rather take that risk for the free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. Like I said earlier, we have an equity edge but it is small. IMO there isn't a large EV difference either way. I just call here, that's all. Raising is fine too.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:27 AM

PREFLOP: Marginal call. I don't usually call two limpers with less than 76s, but OK 65s is only one lower.
FLOP RAISE gOOt. You trapped three players and can take a free card on turn if you don't complete.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:37 AM

This is an easy preflop call. You have the button, (apparently)passive players that will let you draw cheaply, and a multiway pot. What's not to like with 56s?

I usually call this flop. However, if I am confident that the players are passive enough to give me the free card (IE the flop bettor is not a LAG who will 3bet his TPNK or worse) then I think a raise is a good play. Getting 3bet here is no good, so if I think there's a reasonable chance it will happen I'm just calling.

Surf