Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 10:30 PM

Default Re: tough spot with Kings...

well spoken, my dear fim
Old 07-08-2005, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there are massive differences between these two hands. in the hand diablo posted, given the action and game in which he was playing, he/zee was right 100%.

the way this hand was played is a donkfest, as for iceman's comment, he must run white hot if he' "making a killing" getting AA against KK cos it only happens about 1/25 times I hold AA, or maybe 1/(220*25) = 1/5500 hands. if you get 100BB in EV (say the average stack you get is ~120 BB or whatever) that's a mere 100/5500 = 1.8 BB/100 he can gain/lose by being flawless in his AAvsKK play. and i guarantee you his actual earn from being such a master of AAvsKK is far far lower, probably even to the point of -EV.

there's a reason ray zee has books with his name on the cover
there's a reason diablo is usually the final word in MH
it's cos they're most often right. go do the math in the thread you're referencing and you'll realize that you're no zee or diablo.

fim

[/ QUOTE ]PSSSHHHHHHH.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there are massive differences between these two hands. in the hand diablo posted, given the action and game in which he was playing, he/zee was right 100%.

the way this hand was played is a donkfest, as for iceman's comment, he must run white hot if he' "making a killing" getting AA against KK cos it only happens about 1/25 times I hold AA, or maybe 1/(220*25) = 1/5500 hands. if you get 100BB in EV (say the average stack you get is ~120 BB or whatever) that's a mere 100/5500 = 1.8 BB/100 he can gain/lose by being flawless in his AAvsKK play. and i guarantee you his actual earn from being such a master of AAvsKK is far far lower, probably even to the point of -EV.

it's cos they're most often right. go do the math in the thread you're referencing and you'll realize that you're no zee or diablo.

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you just say I have -EV when I have AA vs KK?
Im not saying I get Aa vs KK more than anyone else. Im just say that I get it all in almost every time and I do it preflop before I can make any possible mistakes or out think myself.

In Diabls hand, I wouldve bet my entire bankroll the villain had AA and I believe Diablo hinted that he was wrong to push. I may have to reread it.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:20 AM

Since Diablo is the "final word", maybe you should read this post
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...;o=14&vc=1
in that thread where he insinuates that he made a mistake. Like I said, it was crystal clear the guy had AA. 99%
Old 07-09-2005, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
in that thread where he insinuates that he made a mistake. Like I said, it was crystal clear the guy had AA. 99%

[/ QUOTE ]

you're jopkeing, right? someone asked diablo if he ever loses or messes up and he mentions getting his money in bad with KKvsAA. he knows he played the hand right given the odds he was offered.

Honestly, you know you're clutching at straws here. you made a dumb statement and now are scrambling to justify your viewpoint. just admit you were wrong and move on. the reason I, and most other posters i suspect, dislike posters like you, richie rich, etc. is that they claim constantly to be these great winning players making great moves all the time (recent posts where you say things like "well, my winrate is very high and my variance is very low, so i'm happy" and "why not win a lot of pots and a lot of showdowns?") and then turn into slick willies when someone calls them out. you're totally the kid who tried to impress the cool kids in HS by lying to them and got laughed at for it.

I'm very often wrong, and i'm not afraid to admit it. adding that move to your repertoire is something that will help you with something more important than poker. If you'd like to continue on like you do right now, i'd reccomend leaving us at 2+2 alone and heading back to your personal poker forum where you can be the poker guru you've convinced yourself you are.

fim
Old 07-09-2005, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
even bad players will suspect you might fold kings, and will raise you with an ace here if you routinely do stuff like that.
this may be the right play and usually is in small less aggressive tighter games, but not against players that put their money in just to see what you will do. which you find in bigger games such as what diablo plays in.

[/ QUOTE ]

As fimul already mentioned, we have two completely different games here, and two completely different situations. What Zee says here sums it all up.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not either at all. I will say one thing all you guys talk a lot but when it comes down to it lets be real no one folds the cowboys there. Its easier said than done....
Old 07-09-2005, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're jopkeing, right? someone asked diablo if he ever loses or messes up and he mentions getting his money in bad with KKvsAA. he knows he played the hand right given the odds he was offered.

Honestly, you know you're clutching at straws here. you made a dumb statement and now are scrambling to justify your viewpoint. just admit you were wrong and move on. the reason I, and most other posters i suspect, dislike posters like you, richie rich, etc. is that they claim constantly to be these great winning players making great moves all the time (recent posts where you say things like "well, my winrate is very high and my variance is very low, so i'm happy" and "why not win a lot of pots and a lot of showdowns?") and then turn into slick willies when someone calls them out. you're totally the kid who tried to impress the cool kids in HS by lying to them and got laughed at for it.

I'm very often wrong, and i'm not afraid to admit it. adding that move to your repertoire is something that will help you with something more important than poker. If you'd like to continue on like you do right now, i'd reccomend leaving us at 2+2 alone and heading back to your personal poker forum where you can be the poker guru you've convinced yourself you are.

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN
Two more things. In diablo hands he was re-rereaised. So that in itself signified more strength. Also you need to know taht at 2-5 people even rocks believe the qq may be good or perhaps he is overplaying AK. THe liklihood is that he doesnt have AA. More times than not he wont have it. And again he over reraised. to 200 in a 2-5 game thats huge. That smells like JJ QQ who doesnt want action more than AA who would. And again please send me a screenshot of when you fold KK preflop i wanna know who i can bluff with with 2-7 no way you fold those dont care what you say....
Old 07-09-2005, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

In the post I quoted, someone asked for Diablo to post some of his mistakes and it sounded to me like he thought this was a mistake.

Lets get passed that. What the hell are you talking about with this other stuff? My win rate IS very good. My long term win rate is ~8PTBBs in my normal game which Ive said many times is the $1/$2NL game. I also play as high as $5/$10 but not all that often.

I DO win alot of pots and my WSF rate IS about 40%. My WSD rate IS 68.25% and I could post a screen shot if you like. Im not lying and really dont care if you think I am.

Personally I think my WSD rate is a bit too high and Im probably folding the best had too often. I have never said Im a guru or the best player in the world, but I damned sure am one of the best $1/$2NL players playing online today.

I have a slightly lower win rate at $2/$4NL and havent played enough $5/$10NL to even mention what that win rate is.

I never said I make "great moves all the time". As a matter of fact, my game is pretty basic. I sit patiently and wait for the goods and pound morons who cant fold. I have alot to learn about pushing big draws and things like that so i dont know why you think that I think Im a guru.

I will admit when Im wrong, but I was not wrong about Diablos hand. The guy had AA and everyone knew it including me. Also, I dont fold KK often preflop but I have done it several times when I knew the guy had AA.

Over the next couple months, every time there a preflop raising war and you have KK and you just KNOW the guy has AA but you get all in anyway, count how many times he DID have AA as oppossed to something else and I'll bet he does have AA way more than 75% of the time.

KK can be folded preflop in some cases. Thats all I said.

And dont lump me in with Richie Rich. Im nothing like him. Find one post of mine where you think Ive given horrible advice.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:04 AM

i like iceman