Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: BunkFest?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming this 2+2 meetup in AC. If so. I'd like to join in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually Bunkfest is in NYC. I am making a special arangement for known 2+2 posters for this to occur (due to the recent crack down of course), and of course you are welcome to come [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

And if I crashed it......?
Old 07-08-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually Bunkfest is in NYC. I am making a special arangement for known 2+2 posters for this to occur (due to the recent crack down of course), and of course you are welcome to come [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is NO POKER in NYC. But, hypothetically, if there was poker in NYC and, hypothetically, there was a club that would allow us to spread a 2-7 TD game, then, hypothetically, we would have arranged for a 2-7 TD game (probably 4-8) for next Wednesday night (with at least one new player) and, hypothetically, we would hope that Mr. TT would attend (along with any other hypothetical 2+2ers in NYC that play 2-7 TD).

If this conversation is too hypothetical, PM me for more info.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DUDE... you are invited. Be real... lol.

As for Chucks post above this one, Bunkfest is being held privately this time so there is no concerns about legality.

Old 07-08-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DUDE... you are invited. Be real... lol.

As for Chucks post above this one, Bunkfest is being held privately this time so there is no concerns about legality.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want no part of anything legal.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't spoken to Bunky in a week or so, but I think we had to postpone it by a week due to a scheduling conflict with Bunkett (who will make her poker debut that evening I might add). I hope to have the final weekend scheduled by tomorrow morning, Bunkys easier to reach on the Weekends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good man. I knew with a little peer pressure, we could get you back into the swing of planning this little shindig.

Besides, with all the planning you'll be doing, who needs Bunky!? We could just call it Bunkfest and play cards without him. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Joe
Old 07-09-2005, 01:47 AM

OK.... Here is the final official plans as confirmed this evening with Bunky (who was deep in the middle of multi-tabling yet still found a few moments to discuss).

BUNKFEST DATE: Saturday July 30th

BUNKFEST START TIME: 7:00pm

BUNKFEST LOCATION: Madison Square Park , NYC (23rd Street @ Madison Avenue). Dinner and drinks at The Shake Shack unless its raining (the rain backup plan is Live Bait on 23rd Street).

WHERE ARE WE PLAYING POKER: That won't be disclosed until the day of Bunkfest. Everyone will be given instructions upon arrival at the Shake Shack. The secrecy is intended to insure our safety.

WHAT ARE WE PLAYING: Bunkfest will consist of a rotation games tournament featuring the buddy system, where two players cooperate and play out of the same stack. To our knowledge this has never been done before, and therefore this format will for now on be known as the Bunkfest Tag-Team Tourney format. The buy in will be $50 + 10, where $5 is the house vig, and $5 will be used to tip the dealers (2+2ers tip g00t!) who work for us during the tournament. Following the tournament there will be the obligatory cash games in multiple formats and/or games (limit & NL).

WHERE DO I SIGN UP FOR BUNKFEST:
There will be a new Bunkfest thread started this coming monday for those who will be attending. We request that all Bunkfest players must bring ID (please PM me if you don't understand why).

WILL ALCOHOL BE SERVED:
At the Shake Shack - YES, so drink up! During play - NO.

Old 07-09-2005, 10:26 AM

UUGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No chance of moving it a week or 2 later huh? Maybe a post Bunkfest Bunkfest? Something like the Pro Bowl a week after the Superbowl, not as big or glamorous, but semi-important.

Joe
Old 07-09-2005, 12:14 PM

My Bay Area trip got pushed back to August so I'll be there, but I'd much rather play retarded NL.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UUGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No chance of moving it a week or 2 later huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe:

This part of the summer seemed to be a big scheduling mess up for a lot of people. Bunky couldn't make it the week before, I couldn't make it the following 2 weeks after. Sorry [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Old 07-09-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd much rather play retarded NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this any different than my usual NL game?