Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2003, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Trying to clear the air.

This is a poker forum, not a soap opera.

PokerPrince
Old 02-13-2003, 03:23 AM

Default everyone please read this post above and a comment on age

tommy ran this idea of this being a writer's fourm by me a few months ago and it really stuck with me and changed the way i use and understand this forum. some of you desperately need to think a little more before you hit "post". is what youre about to add to the discussion adding anything new? or is it simplistic opinionated one liners like "your play is terrible" that doesnt analyze the situation in any way?

a sidenote relevant to this whole thing with josh/clark etc. on the general forum many of you admitted to being in your early 20s. im only 30, but i can still see that i was much more ignorant, hyper, immature, short tempered, and most of all damn f*cking sure that i was completely right about everything 7-9 years ago.

just look at JV's recent post where he informed me that im an "idiot" and that i would never push in all the money i have with AA. apparently he knows me (and with great certainty and cockiness) better than i know myself despite having never met me and only having read a handful of posts by me on a poker forum. that is exactly the rhetoric of a 23 year old american male if ive ever seen it. and this is also what was going on with josh and clark. and it's done so chill and post some deep analysis of a hand or tell or something.

(to be fair, some of the older posters also have there own set of problems. we're mostly guys and guys just suck and are arrogant and ego lameness abounds. this ego is just reflected in a different more subtler way by guys like tommy, andy, mason, david, snakehead, etc. they are better though at finding the maturity to just agree to disagree which is a huge asset for working together on poker greatness which is what we're all after.)

i of course also act like an as*hole on here when angered, but some of you young poker pros are just on constant ego overload and you need to go spank it or smoke a bowl or something before you get on here and start typing.

Old 02-13-2003, 10:02 AM

Default Re: everyone please read this post above and a comment on age

"some of the older posters also have there own set of problems"

You mean besides being older? :-)

As long as we're clearing air here ...

No one who posts here has to play poker. But everyone who posts here has to write. That's all I meant about this being a writer's forum. When grand confusion erupts, it's rarely about the poker, and usually about the writing. But, I didn't mean to imply that anyone should take any extra care as to what they say or how. At poker, one could say it's better to not play than to play bad. But for those inclined to write, it's the other way around --- better to do it poorly than not do it at all.

Tommy
Old 02-13-2003, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Psychoanalysis of your post

I think you should just take your licks and stop worrying so much about the flak you're going to get when you post your opinions on a public forum. You've spent a great deal of time defending yourself that you've taken away from the subject we are supposed to be discussing. I really don't think many people thought badly of you after reading Clark's posts. However, you have now brought the conflict into the limelight by going on and on about it. So Clark mentioned the gummy post. I don't know what it is, and don't intend to look it up. Your reputation was certainly not completely ruined by a single post from Clark, but it's probably getting dragged around quite a bit from all this discussion of semantics. Next topic. Don't you have an interesting hand to discuss, since you play so much/ Let's hear it and get off of this non-sensical feud.

al
Old 02-13-2003, 12:11 PM

Default Re: Trying to clear the air.

Josh at least you can proudly hold your head up high as you are not the 2+2 poster who has made the biggest fool of himself in the past 2 weeks on a public forum.