Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 04:06 AM

Default Re: Who wants to be an A-Hole with me?

People would just go back to using PT's gametime windows which can be run from an undetectable virtual machine.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:09 AM

I really hate them too, but I just go to sites that don't use them very well (Gamesgrid, full tilt, Doyles, Pokerstars) -

screw it - damned party client kept crashing my machine anyways....

RB
Old 07-07-2005, 04:14 AM

Hi my name is Pat Southern and I like 4 tabling 5/10short.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:23 AM

this is actually very dangerous what you are thinking about doing...

dangerous...as in dangerous to your health
Old 07-07-2005, 04:26 AM

I don't even use these programs, and don't care if other people do. The vast majority of people who use them use them improperly and in having the programs play more tables than they normally would, and play these tables more poorly than the would if they played fewer.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:36 AM

This reminds me of that time I was in Little League. I could never run as fast as the other kids, because they all had cleats. Yeah, I tried wearing cleats, but I didn't notice a difference the first day, so I threw them away. But it wasn't fair that all the other kids got to wear cleats. It made baseball harder. Stupid cleats. So I started complaining about them and even went to the Little League presiden--

Oh, wait. That never happened. Imagine that.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:38 AM

I'm with you.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This reminds me of that time I was in Little League. I could never run as fast as the other kids, because they all had cleats. Yeah, I tried wearing cleats, but I didn't notice a difference the first day, so I threw them away. But it wasn't fair that all the other kids got to wear cleats. It made baseball harder. Stupid cleats. So I started complaining about them and even went to the Little League presiden--

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry for being the athletic kid that made you feel insecure since you were fat and slow. Feel better now?
Old 07-07-2005, 04:54 AM

I personally use PV. However, I think you have every right to represent your case to Party, and you make some valid points. However, if you are going to make out that we are "cheating", could you at least stay ethical yourself, and not overdo it:

"sad sap story about how we've heard of the existence of these HUDs and have been scared away from their site and question the integrity of their game"

If you feel wronged, present your case to them impartialy and with the whole truth: E.g. you are a winning player, you know how to use these tools and where to get them from, but you feel that they give an unfair advantage and ruin the game.

Finally, Party has been delibarately unclear with regard to these tools in communications. This suggests that they are being legally canny and leaving the door open to ban them outright at a future point in time. In some ways, I think many players would actually feel happier if we could actually have a resolution on the matter -- I think most people would make do fine without PV/GT. We haven't even had them a year for Christ's sake, and people make out like the world is falling in when there is talk of banning them, LOL.

As for technology getting round Partys ban on PV, I only think this would be for the ultra-dedicated and the Winholdem Hax0rs -- nobody wants their bankroll confiscated.

I think it might actually be better if we just asked Party for a resolution on the whole matter, and that we make a balanced representation of both sides of the community.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:03 AM

LOL,

I'm guessing the odds of you being the "athletic kid" is less than 10%..now if you mean this as, you're good at poker and you don't need any freaking cleats (PT, GT+, etc) then forget this post.