Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Tell me I\'m a moron

I gotta be missing a joke or something, cause his raise forces his opponents to call all-in...
Old 07-06-2005, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I gotta be missing a joke or something, cause his raise forces his opponents to call all-in...

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to figure out something moronic he did. It is annoying not pushing the slider all the way over. Just like those morons who feel the need to type out how much you have left in your stack instead of just sliding the bar all the way over because they are usually too [censored] dumb to realize that the blind that you have out also counts as your stack so you end up having to hit raise all in instead of just call all in.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:23 PM

I think the only time doing that is effective is when it makes it more difficult for your opponent (i.e., the BB) to calculate the pot odds he's getting from your "de facto short stack push"- and it's best to leave around 20% of your stack back in those instances.

But I'm not a pot-odds-confusing-little-bitch like that, so I don't ever make that play. Obviously it's pointless here since you're putting the SB and BB all-in (unless you're trying to be a biatch for no good reason). Actually, leaving 25 chips back may slightly increase your odds of getting called (that button's just rubbing it in, here comes my spite call...).
Old 07-06-2005, 07:43 PM

im lost... how do you give up folding equity by not pushing ?

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Kasey [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2005, 07:46 PM

I don't get it?

What is your obssesion with trying to fold A9 from the button in obvious bubble push situations?
Old 07-06-2005, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to figure out something moronic he did. It is annoying not pushing the slider all the way over. Just like those morons who feel the need to type out how much you have left in your stack instead of just sliding the bar all the way over because they are usually too [censored] dumb to realize that the blind that you have out also counts as your stack so you end up having to hit raise all in instead of just call all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, you were serious.

Honestly, I will often slide the bar halfway over and not allin if it covers my opponents. It's not a big deal.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:08 PM

seriously, this is a noob mistake. why do you think raptor can play 64 tables at once? because he never (ever) slides the bar farther than he has to. this is 5th level thinking people.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:29 PM

I type the number of the highest stack left, because party showowns are suualy about hoping the chips to go your way( those with more experience may be fast enough to realize who won all the time, but I still miss straights, time to time flushes and never FHs [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], i always used to miss those, my next step are straights) Anyway its a pathetic feeling to think u won , chips come to you and hey why are they going to him , i won!! buaaaaa!!! anyway..its kinda late here so my post doesnt make sense.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:41 PM

Default You think you should have limped?

to let the SB help you eliminate BB? I think you hand is strong enough here that you'd rather just go for the chips.

although....there are some interesting advantages to limping. for example, say SB has a hand like TT or JJ or AK/AQ/AJ. whether or not he should, he'll often call when you push. If you limp, however, he might just complete and check the hand down, worried that BB will fold if he raises.
So you'll save yourself some chips.

On the other hand, of course, you're giving SB a chance to outflop you with the many hands he would have folded to your push, but will now play in the hopes of finishing off BB.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:50 PM

Sometimes the results makes you doubt if you played a hand correctly.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter

Hero (t1505)
BB (t5080)
UTG (t1230)
Button (t185)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls [t1505] , BB calls t1305.

Flop: (t3010) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t3010) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t3010) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t3010

Results in white below:
Hero has Qs Qd (one pair, queens).
BB has Ah Kc (one pair, aces).
Outcome: BB wins t3010.