Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 02:11 PM

Default Re: inducing bluffs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
river is the T
BB bets, I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way you played it I would raise the river. This is not way ahead way behiend situation, its a way ahead way ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's interesting. Even though he's most likely bluffing, I bet there are hands he pays off with that I beat. I doubt he would play a T like this, fwiw.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah for the purposes of losing the pot I think so, I just find people like to bluff at aces (in my limited experience)

[/ QUOTE ]

oh ok. i get a special case because I work with uber donks. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2005, 02:15 PM

I definitely raise the river.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:25 PM

Bet the damn turn, you're missing sooooooooo much value.
Given that you checked the turn raise the river.

Leave the turn check when you have something like a-high or a pair of 5's and want to see a showdown versus this type of opponent. Not when you have top pair on this board and will get called on both streets by all kinds of junk.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:27 PM

ill only defend myself a little bit for discussion sake.

Villian would probably bet into me with middle/top pair on the board.

I don't see much he calls the turn with...I see tons he bets the river with.

I dont see all the value im missing by checking the turn...
Old 07-06-2005, 02:47 PM

I think to really profit on this type of play against this type of player you need to raise the river. In my experience they will often call with very little fearing you are pulling a stunt.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:02 PM

I have no idea why you don't bet this turn. I save bluff induction for when I have a hand like QT on a T72 board and the turn brings a K.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea why you don't bet this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
BB is horrible and will bluff the river 100% of the time if I check behind on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I save bluff induction for when I have a hand like QT on a T72 board and the turn brings a K.

[/ QUOTE ]

explain to me why checking the turn is wrong. Just telling me it's wrong doesn't really convince me.

If I had raised the river, it would have been a much stronger play. I catch up with all the bets I missed from value betting the turn, but I also pick off tons of bluffs that would not have called a bet on the turn.

I don't feel like my hand is too vulnerable to give a free card knowing he's betting no matter what comes.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea why you don't bet this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
BB is horrible and will bluff the river 100% of the time if I check behind on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I save bluff induction for when I have a hand like QT on a T72 board and the turn brings a K.

[/ QUOTE ]

explain to me why checking the turn is wrong. Just telling me it's wrong doesn't really convince me.

If I had raised the river, it would have been a much stronger play. I catch up with all the bets I missed from value betting the turn, but I also pick off tons of bluffs that would not have called a bet on the turn.

I don't feel like my hand is too vulnerable to give a free card knowing he's betting no matter what comes.

[/ QUOTE ]

He could have a T. He could have 99. He could have an OESD. He could have all kinds of hands that will call the turn AND river. If he has one of these hands, he likely calls the turn and river. If he doesn't and he totally missed, he likely folds the flop. If he has junk and you raise the river, he mucks anyway, but you gave him a chance to catch a card that may beat you. I bet this turn. Maybe I'm wrong, but I do it.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

also, I would be more inclined to bet in this situation. There are more draws and we are more vulnerable to overcards.