Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Playing a draw against a player on tilt

The fact that he is on tilt makes it posible that he will bet out 100 with AK, AQ, KQ, 99, 66, etc.

The fact that he is a semi-decent player means I think he will fold these hands most of the time to my raise. This is why I thought my raise was correct: I could pick up a large number of pots right there and if he did have a pair of Jacks or better and pushed, then I wasn't in that bad shape.

If I just call, he puts me on a flush draw and pushes any non-spade turn regardless of whether he has a hand or not. That's a bad situation to put myself in, especially if he has KQ or T9s or something like that.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:08 PM

I am reminded of something cero_z once said in a post. I don't like to take coinflips with tilting maniacs because when they win it usually results in the tilt transferred from them to you.

I would call the flop. Tilter might have something like the KJ with the king of spades, and thus lead or atleast call a big bet on a spade turn. He's on tilt after all.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not bad given ur stack size.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you say this? Maybe I read wrong but this is a 2/5NL, NOT 25/50NL.

He almost has 180BB's. This is HUGE -EV.

Best case scenerio, he has something like JJ. Most likely he has AA/KK/AK.

What can you beat? KJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

First, JJ is the worst case scenrio. Second, this hand range is WAY to narrow for a tilting villain, and, as you mention this is not 25/50 it is 2/5. Wide hand range, enough said. This guy is on tilt he could be on air for all we know....his raise meant two cards....his push meant they interact with the board more often than not. Given the pot size and heros stack and villains tilty range, not calling here is a crime IMO.