Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Let\'s try a play along...newbies\' chance to shine

Dont always have to fold KQo from early position, or do you have to adjust to the table?
I would check the flop but I imagine the correct thing to do is raise for value?
Old 07-04-2005, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Flop action - Part 2

[ QUOTE ]
I checked. The flop missed me pretty badly but I've got overcards and backdoor flush and straight draws so I neither mind if it gets checked through, nor do I mind calling a bet from either MP1 or MP2 (I expected one of them to bet). Check-check-check, MP3 bets. My action?

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold? You're not beating anything.
Old 07-04-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dont always have to fold KQo from early position, or do you have to adjust to the table?
I would check the flop but I imagine the correct thing to do is raise for value?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would only fold KQo if there was a raise ahead of me from a serious rock, and maybe not even then.
Old 07-04-2005, 05:56 PM

Dont overcards have only a slightly +EV even with all the right conditions (pot odds, small number of players)? With the adition of the backdoor flush I would porbably call but If I just have overcards and I am being good I will fold.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:15 PM

Pot's too big too fold.

If a raise might make the guys behind you fold an Ace or a 2 or a 6, or hand like 44, I say raise it up. I don't really like calling. (Unless no one will fold in a million years.)

In your reads which guy is MP3?
Old 07-04-2005, 06:19 PM

really? checking the flop is best line here? man, i'm a major LAG. here i thought the flop, though it did sorta miss us, it is still a good flop. i would have bet.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
really? checking the flop is best line here? man, i'm a major LAG. here i thought the flop, though it did sorta miss us, it is still a good flop. i would have bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't hate betting this flop, but I don't hate checking it either. If there were one less player I would fire away, but there comes a point where you're just auto-betting because you raised pre-flop.

When it's too crowded this becomes a bad bet. (As I'm sure you're aware, I'm just saying.)
Old 07-04-2005, 06:25 PM

i'll have to think about whether to bet or check, but i wouldn't consider it an autobet with overcards and 2 backdoors plus i would love to fold any K, Q or A along the way if possible.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:26 PM

No good read on MP3, he hadn't been around long but seemed to fit in with the table...loose-passive.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'll have to think about whether to bet or check, but i wouldn't consider it an autobet with overcards and 2 backdoors plus i would love to fold any K, Q or A along the way if possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand this, and I agree. I'd have no problem if you bet this flop.

All I'm saying is there's a point where a bet becomes less attractive with the more opponents involved. I didn't want people to start/continue betting this kind of flop against 6 opponents simply because they raised pre-flop.

Carry on.