Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Should I find some new friends ?

Don't sleepwalk through life out of old habits, especially if it consists mainly of drinking, smoking, and watching TV with people you don't really respect.

eastbay
Old 07-04-2005, 02:01 PM

Let me clarify.

I think you should make MORE friends, not NEW friends.

Don't ditch the old friends. Just hang out with them less often. Try to get the one that you like to hang out with you away from the others everey now and then. Just hang out with him alone or with new friends. Or when you go over to the old friend's house, stay for a shorter period of time.

I know EXACTLY what you mean about all your friends being pot-heads. You feel like you need more focus and more substance in life. Sure. But pot-heads are not child molesters. Don't treat them like scum. Just hang out with them a little less often.

OK, rant over.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:41 PM

I definitely think you should try to meet people that are able to stimulate you intellectually. It does not mean that you should forget about them either. Just go out and meet people. I am sure there is someone on this board from your town. Try to hook up with them. At least you will know that you have something in common.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I sound like a nit ?

Well F U C K Y O U

[/ QUOTE ]

so you are theredpill.
Old 07-04-2005, 03:02 PM

All your friends do is stay home, smoke weed and watch TV all day? I have the perfect solution for you. My friends are mostly overachievers, do well in their careers and lead productive lives. Not a single one of them smokes weed anymore (all quit as they became "adults").

What do you say we trade? (also append a picture of your girlfriend/wife - we may be able to discuss a package deal if needed).
Old 07-04-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He said that my antivirus program was a complete scam and that all the warnings that I get on a weekly basis was Norton's way of getting me by the balls and keeping me around for another yearly subscription. I found it kind of unbelievable, really and he actually scared me that he would believe this. I think he may be smoking too much weed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never touched a drug in my life, and I have suspicions of the exact same thing. I do own a copy of NAV anyways, though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Brian