Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Preflop, need help

[ QUOTE ]
I really want to learn how to become a good LAG. I'm just tired of 13%vpip...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, I also open raise 22 UTG. I make all my preflop raises 4xbb. What do you think of this information?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, you should try 6max tables if you are tired of 13% VPIP.

I don't think having a standard raise (such as 4xBB) is optimal. Mixing it up leaves your opponent guessing a lot more, as long as you are able to not vary the raises according to your hand strength.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:01 PM

Mediocre hands are pretty easy to explain. They require excellent post flop play. Until you are ready to handle the post flop play go back to your winning tight strategy.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:02 PM

it sounds like you dont have much experience at all playing slightly +EV hands in marginal situations, which is why your WR dropped when you started adding more hands.

the only way you can get better at these situations is to get in them more. the problem , however, is that while you are entering these marginal situations, the nut peddling full ring players are waiting for their premium hands, so when you play a pot with them, you are often handicapped from the start, even if you play better after the flop than they do.

i suggest moving down a limit and trying out the SH'd tables.

play there for a week or two and see if you like it. you will have plenty of grey area situations in the 6 max games.

even if you end up not liking the 6 max style, the skills you learn will do nothing but help you when you go back to the full ring games.

gl to you.

fsuplayer