Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2005, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Repeat Sex Offenders

[ QUOTE ]
i hate people bashing peadophiles

truth is you guys know nada about peadophiles - i dont know much either but i have represented several and have also acted on behalf of many victims

i have acted for lots of different crooks and the ones who to my observation exhibited the most genuine and profound remorse were peadophiles

i am always concerned to judge something i have no conception of - its easy to look at a person who has anger management issues and commits violent crime and understand where they are coming from - we have all had the urge to thump someone from time to time - but when was the last time you felt like having sex with a 6 year old ?

no doubt the crimes peadophiles commit are horrible but as a civilised society we would do best to try and understand whats going on rather than revelling in the soft target and promoting extreme views

[/ QUOTE ]

Great, let's try to find an understanding. Under lock and key like BigSteve suggests.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

truth is you guys know nada about peadophiles - i dont know much either but i have represented several and have also acted on behalf of many victims

i have acted for lots of different crooks and the ones who to my observation exhibited the most genuine and profound remorse were peadophiles

i am always concerned to judge something i have no conception of - its easy to look at a person who has anger management issues and commits violent crime and understand where they are coming from - we have all had the urge to thump someone from time to time - but when was the last time you felt like having sex with a 6 year old ?

no doubt the crimes peadophiles commit are horrible but as a civilised society we would do best to try and understand whats going on rather than revelling in the soft target and promoting extreme views

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

[/ QUOTE ]

So then you are aware that pedophiles have very high recidivism rates?
Old 07-03-2005, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

[/ QUOTE ]

No one deserves to be bashed more. That genuine and profound remorse is because they got caught. Maybe you are confusing shame with remorse.

We know nada about pedophiles because we don't have a sick urge to have sex with 6 yr olds? This is stupid argument.

I never have had the urge to rape someone, to murder someone , to do many other terrible crimes, does this mean I don't know anything about it? Does this mean I can't judge the perpetrator that has done these crimes?

As a civilized society we should do the best to protect our children, our future, and to hell with pedophiles.

The fact that you have acted on behalf of many of the victims, I am surprised you do not seem to understand the major damage these people do to children, and it is not short term damage, including instant loss of innocenence, these children will struggle with this for the rest of their lives, many never being able to feel normal or safe or trusting, never reaching the potential they have a right to. In that regard they should be treated no better than murderers, imo.

If someone ever touches my kids they better hope the police get to them before I do??
Old 07-03-2005, 01:15 AM

Strip, I'm just talking about the nature of the escalation and the fact that they just don't quit, they just try to hide the evidence to avoid going back to prison.

BigSteve, I did not know about the State of Oregon. I saw that on an episode of Law & Order, but I didn't know that it was based on any state's laws. Oregon is on to something.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:15 AM

The Woodsman. Really good movie with Kevin Bacon. It doesn't make him look like a good guy or a bad guy, just a guy really struggling. Interesting stuff.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Duncan's arrest record goes back to a 1980 rape conviction in Pierce County, Washington, when he was 16.

His last address was in Fargo, North Dakota, where he was a registered sex offender, but he is listed as "delinquent" on the North Dakota offenders Web page.

"One of his outstanding warrants is failure to register as a sex offender in Washington," Wolfinger said. "The other is an unlawful flight to avoid prosecution out of Minnesota for second-degree sexual offense."

According to the Detroit Lakes, Minnesota, Police Department, Duncan was charged in early March with molesting a 7-year-old boy near a middle school in Becker County in July 2004.

The department issued a warrant for his arrest when he violated the terms of release from an April 5 court appearance.

Wolfinger said Duncan runs a Web site that advocates against prosecuting sex offenders. CNN was unable to locate the site.

In his 1980 conviction in Washington, Duncan pleaded guilty to abducting and raping a 14-year-old boy at gunpoint, burning the victim with a cigarette and firing the gun -- on empty chambers -- causing him to believe he would be killed, according to a description from the North Dakota sex offender registry.

Upon turning 17, Duncan was transferred to adult court where he pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 20 years in prison, according to the city of Fargo.

He was released on parole in 1994 after serving 14 years, but returned to prison for a parole violation in 1997.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:42 AM

the thing about Oregon is it kicks ass.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the thing about Oregon is it kicks ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

but it smells funny. And then you got the whole "Beaver" thing . . . which could go back to it smelling funny.

But their kids are more safe.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:16 AM

It wouldn't be a problem if we just left them in jail. I don't know why this country so gung ho about locking up drug dealers and throwing away the key, but we seem to release and rerelease child molester.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:00 PM

Not bad, but then how could you ever convict anyone? The state is mandating that sexual offender=mentally ill, so at worst, offenders must be not guilty by reason of mental defect.