Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2005, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Borgata suprisingly slow for a Friday night..

...my most huble apologies.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"hot asian" is redundant

[/ QUOTE ]
amen
Old 07-02-2005, 12:19 PM

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'm interested in what games they had going and how they were playing.

Last night into early this morning the Borgata had 6 $1-$2 $300 max going,3 or 4 $2-$5 $500 max 2 $5-$10 $500 minimum 1 $10-$25 not sure of min 1 $25-$50 not sure of minimum.

I've had some pet theories about how the capped NL games will evolve there, and I'd be curious to hear an update, particularly about the quality of the games and their typical depth.

The no limit games I played in I would call ultra soft. I have under 100 hours playing no limit ring games.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I got the word from Mostsmooth that the House of Blues had only four tables going.

[/ QUOTE ]
Several people told me they're using pit dealers as well. Room looks beautiful though.

[/ QUOTE ]

They didn't look like pit dealers when I stopped buy, they were practicing at 7PM before the official soft launch at 8pm. The dealers looked rather competent in fact, faster than the average dealer at the Borg. Very attractive looking room, great tables & the chairs looked very comfortable (no wheels, almost like big leather thrones). The felt was branded with Harrah's WSOP logos. I would venture to guess that HOB will soon become the #3 room in AC if the management gets it together. They will be spreading NL 1-2, 5-5, 5/10, 10/20, and 30/60. Time charge starts at 10/20 and will be $5 per 1/2 hour regardless of the game. They expect to spread a lot of Stud games which is good because there are a lot of old school stud players on the east coast who are missing their favorite games (the Borg had a 5-10 interest list that was over 10 names deep since noon on Friday but they never spread it). In short I hope the HOB does well, its a stunning room and will probably attract a lot of tourists and 20 somethings looking for a weekend warrior experience. Good times [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ceasers was a mess. Poorly located, the room was 80% empty. Dealers were sitting at their assigned tables looking obviously annoyed that there was no business. They are using the same type of automated list that the Borg & the Wynn uses, but they couldn't even get a 2/4 game started... the interest list was 3 players at 7:30PM on a Friday evening during the 4th of July holiday - kind of sad. Contrast this to the HOB where tourists and locals alike were walking up to the second floor (the poker room is hidden upstairs in the rear, luckily its well advertised all over the facility unlike the Wynn's new room) just to see the action. At first look Ceasers doesn't look good, but I could be wrong.

Also found out Ballys increased the size of their room, and they also opened a room at the Wind West. Thats a total of 6 rooms now in AC which is amazing!

I go back to AC on Monday, I'll try the HOB one more time and file a report.

PS: as Mike pointed out, there were very few mid limit games being spread at the Borg, there were only 2 6-12 tables and when I showed up at 8PM there was only 1 person on the list.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2005, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, the showboat did not spend any time looking for hot ASIAN waitresses, thats for sure

I corrected it for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect... VERY hot Asian waitresses, and the under age hostess at the restauraunt on the way up. I had to drool for a few mins - yum!

Old 07-02-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
also, the showboat did not spend any time looking for hot ASIAN waitresses, thats for sure

I corrected it for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect... VERY hot Asian waitresses, and the under age hostess at the restauraunt on the way up. I had to drool for a few mins - yum!

[/ QUOTE ]
wait a second, did i miss something?
btw, i have to go do some work. im stuck up here at exit 138. if i left to go home now, it would take at least 3 hours(i saw the southbound traffic as i was coming up here).fark!!
Old 07-02-2005, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wait a second, did i miss something?
btw, i have to go do some work. im stuck up here at exit 138. if i left to go home now, it would take at least 3 hours(i saw the southbound traffic as i was coming up here).fark!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It took me 4 hours to drive from the Lincoln Tunnel to AC. No joke, the traffic was horrible. The rain didn't help [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2005, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They will be spreading NL 1-2, 5-5, 5/10, 10/20, and 30/60.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming the 5/10, 10/20 and 30/60 are limit games, right? I'm curious why the jump from 10/20 to 30/60. Also I really like the flat $5 time charge. As for the pit thing, I dunno. I suspect, reading between the lines of what was said to me, that they're rotating their poker dealers through the pit (perhaps anticipating a slow start but leaving themselves room to quickly get more dealers if/when they need them).

As for stud, Taj always seems to have plenty of stud games. So I don't know that stud players lack somewhere to play. Unless they refuse to play at the Taj.

[ QUOTE ]
PS: as Mike pointed out, there were very few mid limit games being spread at the Borg, there were only 2 6-12 tables and when I showed up at 8PM there was only 1 person on the list.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is not a trend reserved only for holidays. I've been noticing the same type of thing during the week. Barely having enough players for one 6/12 table at 9PM. I suspect this is primarily due to NL. Many of the regulars now play NL just waiting for nutlike hands and letting the WPT wannabes pay them off. There's no reason to play limit and have to actually play well.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:31 PM

Following up on the stud mentions ... any of these new rooms spreading any omaha/8? Maybe as part of a HOE or split stud game?
Old 07-02-2005, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for stud, Taj always seems to have plenty of stud games. So I don't know that stud players lack somewhere to play. Unless they refuse to play at the Taj.

[/ QUOTE ]

I met a horrible older gentlemen at the 6/12 table, he explained that he wanted to play stud but he can't get a game. I asked him why doesn't' he play at the Taj, his replay was that he hates it there, its more important to be comfortable than to play his favorite game. Interesting response, it tells me a lot about this player's psyche.