Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Re: The Bucks are dumb

[ QUOTE ]
I think I would rather have Larry Hughes than Redd since he at least plays defense and is only 25 or 26 years old.

But Ray Allen is obviously better than both of them. I don't think 30 is that old for a guard though, they wear down slower than big men do. And Allen is a shooter and doesn't take the punishment that other shooting guards that get their points in the paint do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hughes is easily the best on the market in terms of future value, but the fact that MICHAEL REDD is getting the cap is ridiculous. They should either get an actually good player or save the money. Redd cannot guard anyone.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hughes is easily the best on the market in terms of future value, but the fact that MICHAEL REDD is getting the cap is ridiculous. They should either get an actually good player or save the money. Redd cannot guard anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Redd as a player, but he's clearly overpaid. The problem is, the fans in Milwaukee love him and they would go ape if he were allowed to leave. He's basically Allan Houston. They better keep adding solid talent if they want to compete.

Another major problem with a team like the Bucks is they really can't sign any big name FAs. What great player has ever had Milwaukee at the top of their teams to sign on with?
Old 07-02-2005, 02:46 AM

Good point. I actually joked with my dad that Marvin Williams let out a sigh of relief when he wasn't the first pick.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good point. I actually joked with my dad that Marvin Williams let out a sigh of relief when he wasn't the first pick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, on a good night the Hawks draw 12 people so I wouldn't say he went to much of a better situation in terms of a viable franchise. The Bucks will battle for a 7 or 8 seed provided they resign their other FAs, the Hawks are going to battle for the rights to the #1 again in 06.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:00 AM

The title of this thread should be...

"The Bucks are going to make the playoffs next year "

Not resigning Redd would be a lot dumber than signing him to the max. Yeah he's not a great defender, but he plays better D than Ray Allen (not saying much), and he doesn't sit out 10 games every time he stubs his toe. Personally, I like having hard-working, sharp-shooting, All-Stars like Michael Redd on my team, but maybe that is just me...
Old 07-02-2005, 12:44 PM

You think Redd plays better defense than Allen?

You, sir, are just plain wrong. And it's not even close.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:27 PM

Haven't they heard of Allen Houston? They sort of had to re-sign him though. They better pray Bogut is good.

Word on the street is Stom Swift is seriously considering the Knicks. But they only have the MLE.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You think Redd plays better defense than Allen?

You, sir, are just plain wrong. And it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Redd may not play defense better than Allen, but he certainly gives the effort and he's much better than someone like his former teammate, Glenn Robinson. Redd is an adequate defender.

Also, I understand the Houston comparisons, but Redd is both a better scorer with a more diverse offensive game -- meaning he can post up and finish on the drive -- and he's a better rebounder and defender.

Redd is better than Houston ever was but he's still not a max player on value. He is in the current market.