Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Big flaws in my line here?

I think that you simply misread my post. The first set of stats were in regard to the play at the turn. For example, you are correct that the QT is only 42% on the flop, but it jumps to 75% once you hit the turn.

I did however leave out a couple hands in the second paragraph where I address the flop play since I started typing real fast (the boss was on his way up). You are correct, Hero is ahead of a larger range, but I'm not sure that adding those hands really dictates a push. The betting sequence simply does not suggest that the hands that we most likely want to see will be flipped up. Further, the hands that are way behind but may put more money in the pot later will fold. Moreover, I'd like to be a bit better than a coinflip to push 'em all in. It doesn't have to be much more, but a bit better than in this hand. However, your suggestion of a push is certainly not a terrible move and probably my 2nd best choice.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Re: Big flaws in my line here?

Opps, didn't realize you had the heart draw, was reading it too quickly. Would have come over the top of the raiser on the flop 100% of the time.