Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 01:38 PM

Default Re: 19-1 chip lead and I lost it, help!

Although that was a bad beat and you just didn't catch cards, from hands 3-9 his chip stack nearly doubled and he could've been playing cards from an uno deck and done the same thing. Be more aggressive with the 9-8 can 7-6 actually the best cards to have against aces, also the k-2 you have to call with, probably a 3:2 favorite. Good luck.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:02 PM

Good catch, there were cases when I tried to limp and he raised all-in. I know I have hand #1 correct, so you can correct the action from there by assuming everyplace that required me to limp, I did.

Make sense?
Old 07-01-2005, 05:35 PM

I'd have to call my situation the slippery slope effect:

1. I thought my opponent would continue to play like he had been (conservatively aggressive)

2.I was aggresive on the first two all-ins, got timid on the 9-8 because I wasnt thinking about busting him but more concerned about doubling him up again. This may be stupid, but I sometimes think that because a persons last two hands were crap, there is a greater chance that the third hand could be better (Im sure this is like thinking red is due because black has come up 10 times in a row).

3. I figured out he wasnt betting with decent hands like he had been too late and missed the opportunity to play the 9/8, but knew what was up when I got the K2, but wimped out.

Every reasction I made was a hand or two too late and I set myself up to lose a winner take all hand that could bust me versus gambling earlier.

Im normally aggressive as hell heads up, but I still like to keep pots small and chip away versus playing all-in poker. Not much thought or skill in that (IMHO). Based on his play up that point, I thought the stage was set for me to be able to do that. He did a great job changing gears as I did'nt expect that to occur.

By the time I figured what was happening, I was so far down the mountain I could'nt climb my way back up.

thanks for everyones input