Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Donk bets on the Flop: usually draws or bottom pair

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it's a real gaybet/donkbet unless it's on the turn. But that's just me...

Good post though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Donkbets can be on any street. It doesn't have to be from the blind either (as King Yao intimated), it could be an EP limper.

It is an unexpected bet from an EP player into the aggressor of the previous street.

Nice post, btw.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:51 AM

Amazon & Bn.com are the cheapest. But both are probably sold out now and awaiting the second printing. Amazon now says "usually ships in 3-5 weeks" The second printing won't be done til next week, and it may take another week to get from there to the retailers.

So you may also want to check out:

conjelco.com (Chuck Weinstock's site, who is a forum favorite here) - $5 discount
gamblersbook.com (gambler's book shop in Las Vegas) - no discount

I think these places are good because if they are smaller firms. So if there is a problem, you won't get the run-around or other crap like that.

By the way, I took a two week tour in Australia back in March. It was a great time, the best vacation I ever took. We hit Melbourne, Alice Springs (the only thumbs down spot for me), Uluru (the best place, it wasn't hot as it usually is, so we were able to walk around alot more), Cairns (a nearby cyclone prevented us from going to the Great Barrier Reef, but my mom loved it for the shopping) and Sydney (a city that I would be happy to live in - and it is cheap compared to similar places like San Francisco).
Old 07-01-2005, 10:11 AM

Most of the time I'd rather raise the flop than the turn. If Im just sitting on an unimproved A high, I want them out of the hand. The people that are donk betting their bottom pair and doing it for information, if I raise the flop they can then fold the turn if they dont improve. If I wait and raise the turn (if I get that chance, lots of donk bettors dont follow through on the turn) and I then raise with my unimproved A high, they call because thats what fish do, they call raises. Then they win the showdown when I check behind on the river.

Most of the time tho, its much harder because it isnt going to be HU, there are going to be other people in the hand, either between you and the donker, after you, or a mix of both. So then its all about flop texture and how strong your hand is.