Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2003, 03:05 AM

Default it\'s coz I suck! (n/t)

Old 02-04-2003, 03:23 AM

Default THIS IS THE REAL REASON

"Another is while it may be easy to "talk the talk", its not always easy for everyone to make the right move while sitting at the table."

-this is by far the best reason why people do not and should not move up.

We all know what the right move is when we talk about it, but do we actually have the discipline to execute when we are faced with the actual situation.

I don't think so.....many times, and I'm guilty of this too....we actually get caught up in the game....caught up in the hand, and we burn chips. We find any excuse to be in a hand sometimes.

It's called DENIAL.
Old 02-04-2003, 06:06 AM

Default Re: I think...

Bob - Sorry you've had such a rough few months. I'm glad your son is doing fine now. Nothing else is important. Apparently RSI can be pretty much fixed with physio and exercise so I'm sure you're wife will end up okay too.

-------------------------------------------------

Thanks to everbody for their responses. Like I said I get lots of good insights from this forum on playing against my regular lineups.

In many of my games I am usually playing against very smart, well-educated people who have risen to the top of the respective professions. These aren't kids starting out -- by and large they are either retired or near retirement. To get to the positions they've achieved a lot of hard work, endless study and tons of smarts were required. So it's a continual mystery to me why these hard-charging overachievers don't try to figure out how to improve their poker games.

But then, maybe enough money is being passed around amongst them over the course of a few sessions that they've taken the view they are doing pretty good.

Best of luck. Billy