Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Hmmmm $100 PS NL

[ QUOTE ]
Someone raises 4xbb and they get reraised to 20xbb by a non-LAG/Manaic. When I see this happen, Easily 90% of the time the huge reraise is Aces. (Again... if the reraiser is a maniac or uberlag, or a desperate shortstack or someone on tilt, then this doesn't apply. But your average player... this is aces.)

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree. More than 50% of the time, the reraise is QQ, KK, or AK. People can reraise with more hands when the stacks are small or the initial raise was in late position or the initial raiser seems loose.

It's interesting to see the contrast between your estimate of the chance the second raise is aces versus those who want the FAQ to say never fold KK preflop, even after a third raise all-in.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Hmmmm $100 PS NL

[ QUOTE ]
People can reraise with more hands when the stacks are small or the initial raise was in late position or the initial raiser seems loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. But in this case, the reraiser (me) was deepstacked, tight and was an untypical raise for me.

And I know that people not playing at the table with me wouldn't have the same 'feel' as I would after playing there for 2 hours.

I think the single area of disagreement I have in threads with other 2+2ers is that I tend (in certain cases) to give reads more weight then to the math then others.

I know in the heat of a game, other players do this as well (Any decent player has stories of calling or betting with weak hands because he felt certain he had his opponent beat even though he only had bottom pair or Ace high), though when analyzing a hand, its easier to revert to the math.

I'm truly not trying to be argumentative. I think I just wanted a little validation from some of the players out their who give more credence to their instincts. I think there are times you have to review all the possibilities and then go with your gut.

[ QUOTE ]
the FAQ to say never fold KK preflop, even after a third raise all-in.

[/ QUOTE ] I still stand by this as being readable. I have PT on, if a rock or a calling station, who only raises 3% of the time, reraises another player significantly, and I've seen the person play quite a bit... I'm confident that he doesn't have AK... or even QQ. I try to identify quickly who reraises with AK and who just calls.