Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: $11\'s small PP (2 Hands)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1: I agree, I don't like folding this preflop. I'm not sure why people are saying that. On the other hand, I'm playing for set value... I don't think I fall in love with that flop the way you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, If you don't have the discipline to get away from a whiffed flop with 55, you should fold it PF.

If you are playing for "set value" (the only way to play 55, really) you are looking for a hell of a lot more limpers for this to be a +EV call.

I suppose an argument can be made that with such a deep stack combined with the implied odds if you hit, that limping t50 isn't such a big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally have no problem folding PP when over cards hit. However, 6 high on flop... this was difficult...
Old 06-29-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I generally have no problem folding PP when over cards hit. However, 6 high on flop... this was difficult...

[/ QUOTE ]

To me, the ridiculous overbet from the BB means one of two things: 1) I hit my top pair and I don't want any of you overcards drawing out on me, or 2) My 77 is probably good right now and i don't want any of you overcards drawing out on me.

Or maybe it means he hit a pair of 4s and wants to steal a rag flop. I just don't think he commits that many chips with less than top pair. I would have liked that flop when it first came down -- but after that huge bet, probably would have laid down the 55.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To me, the ridiculous overbet from the BB means one of two things: 1) I hit my top pair and I don't want any of you overcards drawing out on me, or 2) My 77 is probably good right now and i don't want any of you overcards drawing out on me.

Or maybe it means he hit a pair of 4s and wants to steal a rag flop. I just don't think he commits that many chips with less than top pair. I would have liked that flop when it first came down -- but after that huge bet, probably would have laid down the 55.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your analysis is perfect. I should have respected his bet. He hit top pair, w/ good kicker.