Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 03:52 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

I think the river bet is pretty bad. An overpair would've most likely 3-bet the flop, even if they didn't 3-bet with overpairs, there's a very slim chance of them calling the river. More than likely they were drawing to a flush with one spade. The only hands you're going to get called by here either split or have you outkicked.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:07 AM

Default Re: AJs on the button.

I think your flop play sucks. you are getting raised my overpair hands and any hand that is currently beating you is not folding.
whats the point of protecting the second best hand. if you think you have the best hand, preflop three bet. but i dislike your play on this one.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:34 AM

I love the CC preflop. I honestly think this is a flop fold and it's not close.

PokerPrince
Old 06-29-2005, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think your flop play sucks. you are getting raised my overpair hands and any hand that is currently beating you is not folding.
whats the point of protecting the second best hand. if you think you have the best hand, preflop three bet. but i dislike your play on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

look at the board. look at my total # of outs EDIT: also look at the TOP section about increasing the probability to win by raising the 2nd best hand END EDIT. look at the pot size and recommend an alternative.

-Barron

Old 06-29-2005, 02:25 PM

I'm going to take an alternative stance and say i like the flop raise given the pot size. If you don't hit the turn, you will often get a free crad as your play seems much in line with a set here. The river play is tough, i probably bet, but a bigger ace is possible.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:30 PM

I would play it the same way. I think betting the river is the most likely way to get money from 88.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

so i still think the river is the 'closest' part of the hand...

river was thin indeed but quite possibly +ev
-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. You have to bet the turn after the flop raise, but what would you have done if the limper called too? Still betting the river?
Old 06-29-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

so i still think the river is the 'closest' part of the hand...

river was thin indeed but quite possibly +ev
-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. You have to bet the turn after the flop raise, but what would you have done if the limper called too? Still betting the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

if the limper was there on the river and it was checked to me id have more reason to bet, not less.

-Barron
Old 06-29-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

look at the board. look at my total # of outs EDIT: also look at the TOP section about increasing the probability to win by raising the 2nd best hand END EDIT. look at the pot size and recommend an alternative.

I don't see what hand you are kicking out that is currently beating you, i personally like a three bet preflop if you like your hand. you have no back door possibilities, in a multi way pot. i play this spot more passive after the flop.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:14 PM

its pretty clear that your not understanding the concept here.

its not about kicking out hands that have you beat. its about not letting hands that could profitably take a card off on the flop do so, thereby increasing your probability of winning the pot.

3betting this hand PF may get you HU w/ the initial raiser and this hand likes a lot of players in there, what do i do if i 3bet and its capped and it comes AK9...not a good spot to be...or J93...still not the best thing in the world. with other players in the pot i can leverage their post flop play with mine to gain the best ev situations available. i dont think a pf here is terrible or bad but imo its just lower ev than cold calling.

on the flop if you still can't see why a raise is the correct play then i dont know theres anything else i can do to help you. some excellent players play it the same way, i trust them more than you, no offense.

my main question is the river bet. there's not too much value there and it may even be so close as to be 0ev but i bet anyway because i hate giving up any value even if its .1bb

-Barron