Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 06:26 AM

Default Re: I think I got greedy

[ QUOTE ]
Not pushing the river after he checks is criminal, you have to bet that. The fact that he thought for one minute before calling with the nuts is ridiculous. I'd spit in the guy's drink on my way out of the cardroom. What an absolute BTCH move.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why not just say to him," Nice hand you f*cking co*cksucking motherf*cking piece of sh*t, slow rolling me like that".Kick him in the nuts. Then get up, drive to his house, run over his dog, rape his gf and burn his house down. Then when u realize he is an IDIOT for not knowing he has the nuts and not an As*hole. You can go apologize to him and continue to take his money.
Or you can just say Nice Hand and move on.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:02 AM

If I was to be in this situation in vegas, I would most likley rip the guy apart verbally and possibly physically and get kicked out of the Mirage, theres only 25 other pokerrooms in vegas to play in.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:56 AM

I’ve been involved almost this exact situation in holdem several times it seems. I make a big bet on the river and when my opponent starts thinking I’m certain my hand is good. He thinks for a while and finally calls and turns over the nuts. One of the most frustrating feelings in poker

Now I never say anything when this sort of thing happens but I’m often confused. Was he being a dick or is he that clueless? It’s happened before where the person was just so gunshy that they just took a few moments to reaffirm that they really had the nuts. But I’ve also seen seasoned players do this and I didn’t know what to make of it. I’d say it’s 60% he’s being cautious : 40% he’s being an A-hole
Old 06-29-2005, 12:59 PM

I think I just got stupider by reading this thread. Thanks.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:23 PM

Default Re: I think I got greedy NC

i have a friend who takes more pleasure in slow rolling then actually winning money. he's a dick.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:03 PM

The only thing you didn't do was get it all in on the flop when it was clear you had the best of it. No matter what this guy is, all in on the flop and you aren't making this post.