Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 09:15 PM

Default Re: where can i find the best pro\'s?

[ QUOTE ]
at his age? i see him sitting relaxed at a 50-100K limit B&M table, not hunched over a computer trying to make a hundred decisions at once. If anything he paid five college students to advertise his name for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

no i've definitely played with him on all 18 tables - bobbo's right, for sure. i know it was really him because he said something and it was like straight outta supersystem so it had to be him. plus how many people can play like 18 tables if they arent pros, you know? that's a lot of tables.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I vaguely remembering hearing that some top player said something to that effect, but I could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there for that conversation with that guy. He definitely said that.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:17 AM

that's the point, it's too many for him, and there's no reason for him to have to work that hard. A.) his eye's can't be all that great, even with glasses it would be difficult to keep track of all the tables. B.) HE'S SO FREAKIN OLD, you don't think he could pay someone to advertise his name ie advertise his book??????? How hard would it be to say a few things out of SS??? It not only takes a GREAT pro to 18 table, it takes a pro in his prime, a young pro, or at least not a crippled old man.

i could be wrong, but i hope i'm not, i don't want to imagine that poor guy trying to 18 table, hell i don't like 2 tabling. I like to have all my attension on the table i'm at. Anyway, there's really no way to prove it's him, even if he says he plays online while playing a tourney on tv, it would still fit right in with his trying to promote his book to lower limit players.

Not only that, but i'd even guess that other pro do the same thing to promote their books, it really makes sense if you think about it. When i watch mahatma take down $20k pots, i can't picture any decent pro multitabling any nickel dime games. i bet most of them don't even have to work any more, having sponsors, book royalties, tournament winnings, etc.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:43 AM

Your sarcasm detector is obviously massively broken. Please fix it.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:47 AM

This thread is amazing
Old 06-28-2005, 02:11 AM

i think so too..

it's hard cuz i read much dumber things all the time, it's not like i have anything else to go on.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that's the point, it's too many for him, and there's no reason for him to have to work that hard. A.) his eye's can't be all that great, even with glasses it would be difficult to keep track of all the tables. B.) HE'S SO FREAKIN OLD, you don't think he could pay someone to advertise his name ie advertise his book??????? How hard would it be to say a few things out of SS??? It not only takes a GREAT pro to 18 table, it takes a pro in his prime, a young pro, or at least not a crippled old man.

i could be wrong, but i hope i'm not, i don't want to imagine that poor guy trying to 18 table, hell i don't like 2 tabling. I like to have all my attension on the table i'm at. Anyway, there's really no way to prove it's him, even if he says he plays online while playing a tourney on tv, it would still fit right in with his trying to promote his book to lower limit players.

Not only that, but i'd even guess that other pro do the same thing to promote their books, it really makes sense if you think about it. When i watch mahatma take down $20k pots, i can't picture any decent pro multitabling any nickel dime games. i bet most of them don't even have to work any more, having sponsors, book royalties, tournament winnings, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

POST OF THE YEAR
Old 06-28-2005, 03:22 AM

yeah, this stuff is gold.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:44 AM

OMFG.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:43 AM

18 tables are probably too many, I'd say 9 or 10 would be more realistic.