Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 08:48 PM

Default Re: Limit vs. No Limit

What does your avatar even mean!?!?!?
Old 06-26-2005, 08:53 PM

It means that I didn't think 'oiled up tits' would fly around here. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok this is the first post I've ever seen where everything the person wrote was wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? I see this a few times a week.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:08 AM

You have to figure out which game is better for you: I do well in limit, but get run any time I venture towards a NL table, so my 'bad runs' at NL are almost infinite because I suck at NL (grow gills, etc). On the otherhand, I know of another player who's game is totally geared towards NL: He wins consistently at NL and is a break-even player at Limit.

Which game are you better at? Pick one and concentrate on it...If you suck at both, then Limit will be less punishing while you learn.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:05 AM

It's hard for me to say which game i'm better at, i only knew a few things when i first started playing online (i started with limit) a little pot odds, and some basic limit stratagy (which i no longer remember)

I started doing quit well in the limit S&G's but i had poor bankroll management, cashing out when i needed to build more.

I really just need to spend a month or so away from the poker table, read a bunch of books, and see what happens.

My biggest problem has been playing a scared tilt, and from what i've learned from this forum, it's probably due to my horrible bankroll management. I hit a few bad/tuff beats and my bankroll is in trouble, and of course i start playing tight as a...... anyway.