Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Confused by donkbet on river.

He's seen you go going crazy on the turn. I would think anyone with KQ here would check-raise the river. I mean, he has no reason to believe that the K is going to slow you down any.

He could have trip Qs, or he could have a lower flush. Cap that [censored].
Old 06-24-2005, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm raising and calling a 3bet. A donkbet usually means one of two extremes: extremely strong or extremely weak.

Luckily for you, his QQQ is extremely strong, but you still beat it. The only hand that got there is KQ, so it's a clear raise to me.

Now, I think capping vs calling the 3bet might be an interesting discussion if you had some more reads on villian.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think id cap. look at the villian raising the turn- I think HE is on a flush draw as well. his little stop and go is kind of confusing but he didnt raise the flop with 3Q, and when the 3rd flush card hit he woke up to the tune of a raise. one hand beats us(well QQ also)...and i think we take our chances here and raise and CAP.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think id cap. look at the villian raising the turn- I think HE is on a flush draw as well. his little stop and go is kind of confusing but he didnt raise the flop with 3Q, and when the 3rd flush card hit he woke up to the tune of a raise. one hand beats us(well QQ also)...and i think we take our chances here and raise and CAP.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the villian 3-bets after our turn action the likelyhood he has just trips or a lower flush is much lower. Capping is very likely donating money to a full house.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the villian 3-bets after our turn action the likelyhood he has just trips or a lower flush is much lower. Capping is very likely donating money to a full house.

[/ QUOTE ]

i just dont feel that way at all. why are we afraid to try and get an extra BB here? he raised when the flush came in with trips? i suppose this has some degree of read dependency, but I feel like going big on this one. Why didnt he cap the turn, is it because you feel he had KQ and now it just came in for the boat?
Old 06-24-2005, 07:30 PM

I am fairly certain this guy isn't 3betting without KQ, so capping is spewy to me. His play doesn't follow with any hand except KQ, but you never know what to expect from players like this (even with KQ, I would expect a check/raise). I'd raise, and if 3bet, I'd crying call and punch the wall.
Old 06-25-2005, 01:58 AM

Thanks for the responses here! Villain shows QJs and I vow to raise next time.
Old 06-25-2005, 03:15 AM

EYE HAM A P0K3R GOD!!!111