Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 12:55 PM

Default Re: some more general thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
define most.

the times you are ahead, you win $20 extra ( I don't htink you are putting in a river push if he checks to you on river but I might be wrong), the times you are behind, you lose your remaining stack.

so are you ahead 2 times out of 3 and know that he'll call you the 2 times out of 3 that you are ahead?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good points. I highly doubt I get called EVERY time I am ahead (like if he has missed overs), but certainly some of the time.
When I check behind, I give him a free card that might beat me, so I give up the pot to him 5-15% of the time or so. I guess it is just a question of whether or not betting here to stop this from happening (as well as the times I am ahead and get called anyhow) compensates for the times I am behind and lose my bet + what I have left, and I suspect that checking the turn is probably better...
...anyways, there is probably some mathematical way to analyze this situation, I really need to work on my math [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Results

Thanks for the replies.

Anyways, villain rolls over... Q3o!!! And I lose.

Guess his range for calling my preflop raise was even wider than originally assumed [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2005, 01:27 PM

don't forget the times you are behind and catch on the river.

but yeah. with these stack sizes, I'm not sure betting the turn is so bad and neither is checking the turn.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:25 PM

If you're a 100% sure you're ahead, you put in as much money as you think they'll call.

But I still say, a calling station doesn't raise you all in unless he's got a monster... if a calling station is raising you... get the hell out, you're losing.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Re: TPWK against a calling station

calling stations don't checkraise all in without a really strong hand....stronger than a pair of 8's anyways...i think you got your money in drawing dead....i'll read on to see if I was right.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But I still say, a calling station doesn't raise you all in unless he's got a monster... if a calling station is raising you... get the hell out, you're losing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you. But after his turn c/r, I have about $10 left, and the pot is around $80. I'm probably beat, but I think I have to call here.