Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: .
Turning Stone Pro 83 72.81%
tdarko 31 27.19%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2005, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Apartment building laundry ettiquite! Resolution necessary!

Call her "oriental". That'll teach her.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call her "oriental". That'll teach her.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 06-23-2005, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kinda confused on the last bit. She's taken your clothes out 15 minutes early and now they're still wet? Tell her to fuck off?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I assume that she took them out 15 minutes early -- but let's ignore that. Let's say my watch was broken, or the plug on the dryer fell out, or whatever.

Would you remove someone's WET clothes from a dryer? ...or would you assume that someone is still using that dryer?

Assume, since she saw that I came down immediately after my washer load finished, that she knows I didn't leave town, and I'm not a jerk who commandeers the machines for 6 hours.

-dB

[/ QUOTE ]
There is only one circumstance under which another person's wet clothing should ever come out of a dryer without his/her permission. That is if the person has left it in there for an excessive amount of time after the cycle was over.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:56 PM

Take her [censored] out, toss it back in the washer, and sacrifice the 1$ to wash it again, except time use lots of starch or bleach [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2005, 08:16 PM

This situation sucks. Revenge must be taken.

This happened to my roommate once. He took the guy's jeans and flung them into the swimming pool.

I had someone throw their diapers in with my wash(making the whole thing smell really strongly of piss) after I had left the washroom, and similar situations before. I took their stuff and put some of it in the dumpster and threw the rest of it over the hedges.

I also had a guy try to get in a fight with me for moving his laundry out of the dryer after it had been sitting there for an hour or so. It got so over the top eventually the apartment manager got into it. Apparently the guy was freaked out that someone came into contact with his wife's underwear. Coming from college campuses and from a big family, underwear doesn't have any significance to me unless it's dirty, but obviously this guy was freaky repressed and couldn't handle it. Eventually we walked away okay with each other, but it was getting really weird and on the edge.

Laundry crap is weird, but I wouldn't let the girl get away with it. Figure out something, but do something, even if it's only pulling the plug out of the wall. The bitch cost you time and money; you don't want her in the habit of thinking pooping on you is cool and totally consequence free.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:24 PM

Default RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
The bitch cost you time and money; you don't want her in the habit of thinking pooping on you is cool and totally consequence free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, since this is a first offense and she strikes me as the type who is more 'in her own world' than she is malicious, the only retaliation was to take her laundry out while it was still spinning, and use her quarters to finish drying my laundry.

I came down 10 minutes before it was supposed to finish (at which point my clothes were definitely dry), and took mine out, and replaced them with her wet clothes.

Basically, I transferred the wasted time and money onto her.

Seemed fitting.

-dB
Old 06-23-2005, 08:28 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

Well played.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:40 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

Very nicely done.

I wouldn't separate being in your own world from being malicious necessarily, but you played it well. Especially by not being caught.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:56 PM

Maybe I'm just *super* considerate, but I always wait until I know the other person has forgotten about their [censored] or left it in for at least 20 minutes over before I take their [censored] out. You figure, that's another person's underwear, socks, and other personal [censored]. One should not mess with another person's personal garb unless it's as a last measure.

Personally, I think the woman is a c00nt and you need to politely tell her to leave your [censored] alone until you're done.

Oh...and take her [censored] out of the dryer early. Bonus points for starting a "permanent press" cycle for her if she's got anything cashmere in the wash.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:04 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

i hate taking other peoples clothes out of the dryer, but i have to sometimes when they leave it in for a long time (like over an hour) and i start to get annoyed.

if they're still wet, i might wait a little longer than i would if they weren't. but still, if they're noticably not being considerate themselves by leaving the stuff sit forever, then i just pile them up on the dryer and put my stuff in.

i get really annoyed when i walk into the laundry room to find my underwear piled up on a washer or dryer though.