Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 10:48 AM

Default Re: A high content post

Why no push PF? I would have pushed then and with that flop again i would have pushed. ALthough i think PF it would have been tough to call. WHat happened
Old 06-23-2005, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've seen you note this betting behavior multiple times before. What exactly is your thought/read here? That he is more concerned with how his stack will look once this bet is put in than he is about the hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF... is that poker content????
Old 06-23-2005, 12:38 PM

This is a tough spot for sure. I agree it's a big pot and would be very nice to take down, but busting out to the big stack is a lot more negative than taking the pot down is positive, if that makes any sense. If you fold you have a healthy stack still anyway, so I wouldn't say you really need the pot. And doubling is unlikely, since you're going to have a real job getting called by a worse hand check-raising in this spot.

I agree with the other posters concerns regarding forgetting about preflop warning bells. You're not really leaving yourself any outs playing it this way, which generally isn't a good plan when you're in a pot with the chip leader. By checking on the flop I think you miss out on the opportunity to pick up any more real info about your opponents, whilst by betting out you get a bit more. Having said all that, if you played the flop as you did because you planned to check-raise allin to represent the J, knowing you were taking a big risk in order to increase your chances of first place, then fair enough.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:07 PM

Good push.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:12 PM

Default Results

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen you note this betting behavior multiple times before. What exactly is your thought/read here? That he is more concerned with how his stack will look once this bet is put in than he is about the hand?

[ QUOTE ]
The short stack behind him thinks for a very long time and calls off 1/3 of what he has left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Feels enough like AK that you are less worried about a monster?

[ QUOTE ]
I think for enough time to run down and push. Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes sense to me. I'm not too worried about the big stack having us beat here, and I'm less worried about the weak tightie than I was before - and we have him covered. Let's push.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post pretty much nailed it. I wanted to see what would happen on the flop, realized that the raiser had nothing and was mainly worried about the other guy but felt I needed to take a chance.

The raiser turbomucked. The other guy thought for a long time and folded as well. I'm still not sure what he had but I believe there's a good chance he threw away a winner.

I think betting this flop out is very very bad, BTW, because I can't call a raise and still have no info on their hands when they do.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Results

Nice hand.

And how about the final results? You take down the whole thing?
Old 06-23-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Results

Lost a bunch of all ins at the end and finished second (but I can't complain, I sucked out a few times myself.)

My last six final tables are 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, though...not bad.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:27 PM

Blech, I did something like this a little while ago and the aggressive player folded and the weak-tigt player flipped over AA.

I don't think its awful but I'm tryiing to learn to listen to those alarm bells in my head. Since hind sight is 20/20 the weak-tight short stack calling the aggressive players raise is quite intimidating so I think if you are gonna get involved pushing preflop or folding is probably your best line.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:27 PM

You really think the short stack is gonna fold an overpair here?