Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Re: EVERYONE PLEASE READ

My only suggestion for you is to play lower stakes until you get your confidence back.

Ride out the variance at a buyin you feel more comfortable with.

As far as people being rude to you, 900+ people a day register and post stuff like this it seems like. After a while, it gets a little old. Obviously, it's hard to tell the good intentioned from the bad.

GL to you.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok forgive me, it appears i have misrepresented myself. My claim of making about 50k last year is accurate. My biggest wins coming from a first place finish in the bellagio weekly tourney and a 2nd place finish in one of the LA stars and stripes events. i was also consistantly beating the local(at the time) 500$ NL game. It seems that i made a very rookie mistake in including this in my post. I was just trying to show that I keep records, I turn a profit and I am not a rookie. I can understand how this would be misunderstood.

[ QUOTE ]
Let me get this straight you played a whole 80 SnG and didn't turn a 40% profit?? What the hell is wrong with you? The average beginner here shows a 70% RoI for every 80 SnG played.

It's called variance, don't come back to us bitching about numbers until you have at LEAST 1,000 tournaments under your belt. The best people on here will show you 20 to 25 SnG streaks where they didn't finish in the money. And they are proven winners.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok please instead of being sarcastic tell me what kind of results i should expect, right now my profit is so low that without rakeback i wouldnt be beating the rake. Saying that good players lose 25 in a row doesnt really help me here.

I know about friggen variance. I just didnt expect it to him me like this. When i was showing a good profit i knew i could'nt keep it up but i just didnt expect it to drop off the map.

I guess i have learned a few things from your replies even if they were unfriendly. I will keep at i and hope that this slump will even back out.

I don't post alot and you guys have reminded me why, thanks for being kind to a rookie poster.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you're not a rookie. You've made that quite clear. We are dreadfully sorry that we did not coddle you and change your diapers for you.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Re: I\"ve decided

[ QUOTE ]
You're right, you can't beat the low-limit SNGs the players are too bad and suck out too much. You should move to the 100s where the players aren't so loose and I'm sure you will see and immediate improvement in your ROI.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 06-22-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But you're not a rookie. You've made that quite clear. We are dreadfully sorry that we did not coddle you and change your diapers for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww comon please

Why do you even reply if your gonna say that bullshit
Old 06-22-2005, 03:43 PM

Because I'm trying to teach you something. If you don't want us to look at you as some dumb rookie making dumb rookie mistakes (a place we've all been), then don't make dumb rookie posts. It's that simple.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:46 PM

Not to be a dick, but you seem like the guy who calls in his local sports radio show after 2 straight losses, demanding that the coach be fired.

It's a long season. 80 SNGs is barely out of spring training.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: I\"ve decided

How much for your live MTT luckbox?

Luminous
PS Every form of poker is a b*tch....being able to be at peace with that is like 50% of becoming a long-term winning player (40% luckbox/10% actual skill).
Old 06-22-2005, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok please instead of being sarcastic tell me what kind of results i should expect, right now my profit is so low that without rakeback i wouldnt be beating the rake. Saying that good players lose 25 in a row doesnt really help me here.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a "variance simulator" floating around here somewhere. Here maybe? I also have an Excel spreadsheet to (statistically anyway) simulate runs of X number of SnG tournaments. PM me if you'd care to look at them.

SlimP
Old 06-22-2005, 04:29 PM

Thanks SP!

as for luminous how dare you say i am a luckbox. here is me at one of my recent victories and let me tell you it was all skill baby. those players had no chance against my leet poker skills.
HERE BISHES

Oh and i thought 80 sng's would be a good sample because if i had those kinda results in live play. well yuch. it appears online your edge is much smaller and you need to expect a small profit gain but just play a whole lot more. I will keep workin on it and maybe give you people some results later, if you can be civil
Old 06-22-2005, 04:47 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Bad Beat Boy, is that really you? I haven't seen luckiest guy in my life. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]