Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 01:46 PM

Default Re: First hand post

What? Three 4's, three T's, three 2's will all give him the full house. Plus one for quads.

T
Old 06-22-2005, 01:48 PM

So first you're saying he's a decent enough player to not play K9-K2, then you're saying he's not a decent enough player to raise AK,KQ,KJ?

T
Old 06-22-2005, 01:49 PM

Whoops -- you're right. My bad...
Old 06-22-2005, 01:51 PM

I'm suprised no one else suggested a PF raise...I dont see hero having the best hand, I just dont see anywhere to fold...nh
Old 06-22-2005, 01:52 PM

alot of 'decent' players tend to be too passive preflop. I see big hands limped all the time. This guy isn't at 2+2er, he doesn't think at the same level, so stop giving him credit for it.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So first you're saying he's a decent enough player to not play K9-K2, then you're saying he's not a decent enough player to raise AK,KQ,KJ?
T

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
No - you're the one being a bit contradictory - that's my point. You said he likely has a worse kicker but would've raised PF with a better one.

I don't have any clue what kind of a player he is, but in the absence of a read I think a turn raise sucks - especially given the flop action and especially given the overcall we're getting.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:56 PM

Raise pre-flop. Other than that I'd play it the same. After UTG+1 shows all that aggression on the flop I'm not too happy with our kicker so I just want to see a showdown.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:58 PM

No, I said he likely has a worse kicker *because* he would have likely raised PF with a better one.

I just think it's too soon to give him credit for a better hand then ours. Plus the chance of getting overcalls on a scary board like that is greatly diminished.

I don't think just calling there is awful, but I'd make that raise every time. I think we can pull this out at least half the time.

T

(Edit: Anyways I have to pick my wife up for lunch so I won't be able to continue this. But I do see your side as well, I just think we're still good enough times here to be able to make this raise.)
Old 06-22-2005, 02:05 PM

I'm not sure I like the pre-flop raise idea. Wouldn't I rather call and encourage as many people as possible to jump in? Is the fact that there are already three callers in front of me the reason I should raise, am I trying to buy the button, or do I under estimate the value of KTs?
Old 06-22-2005, 02:07 PM

All I was saying is that somebody who plays something like K5 in this spot is not the type of player to raise KQ, certainly not KJ, and maybe not even AK.
The times that he has a better kicker COMBINED with the times he has a flush outnumber the times our T kicker holds up.
That is all, have a goot lunch.