Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 11:23 PM

Default Re: How many SNGs to Play Daily?

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

u have plans of going pro while playing at the 5$ level...?

I hope you jest!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't understand what are you saying. I'm thinking about starting my pro poker career, yes. I am confident about my abilities. I don't see where's the problem. Please, explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

hes saying u might be getting ahead of yerself. holla
Old 06-21-2005, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After taking a pretty heavy Bad Beat Day in SNG, I'm wondering how many SNGs to play at the 11 level? I'm 19 hardly work, one summer class. What should my goal be? MultiTabling?

[/ QUOTE ]

i shoot for 1000 sngs a month which breaks down to about 50 a day/5 days a week. many times i will take "long weekends" and play as much as 100 in a day to get caught up.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After taking a pretty heavy Bad Beat Day in SNG, I'm wondering how many SNGs to play at the 11 level? I'm 19 hardly work, one summer class. What should my goal be? MultiTabling?

[/ QUOTE ]

when i was sttin full time, if i didnt play 100 a day i was sad. i loved watching my points go up on the leaderboard, and my rakeback go up. its fun. holla
Old 06-21-2005, 11:33 PM

I realize that. So I'm definetly not 100% sure that I would really be as successful as I hope to be. Currently I make enough for living even playing 5.5s. And I DID say in few months. My ROI at 5.5s (and few 11s) is huge, no need to even mention it after only 200 played. I have no idea what my real ROI is, but I will find that only by playing, isn't that right? And my plans for future is to be a poker pro. yes. I don't think that fact makes me cocky? We all have plans for future. Somehow having a plan of going pro in poker makes you cocky...
Old 06-21-2005, 11:45 PM

I guess you're right.

All these idiots are just so stupid.

I play the 5s. And I'm ITM 75% of the time or more.

GOODBYE JOB! HELLO WPT!!!
Old 06-21-2005, 11:50 PM

I play these for a living also, and I used to play 10 per day, but now I am upping it to 25. I 3 table so 25 is about 6 hours per day. I may cut that back a little soon...more time for fun [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2005, 12:00 AM

"That, I think is a personality issue and also dependent on what levels you play at. The higher limits you play, the less hours you can play."

Definately. I play sets these days and hate doing more than 2-3 in a row (so I spread it out over the day).

Higher stakes = less hours.
More tables = less hours.

If I managed to 12 table the 109s for 10% roi I'd still only play enough to make 2k a week (which is like 1.5hrs a day with those stats). I'm trying to 10+ table with serious overlap in order to cut down my hours (to 3 sets a day). Then again poker is a shorterm thing for me.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:10 AM

I wouldn't be so harsh. These guys have seen just so many wannabe pro's. They're just warning us, that we should stay realistic.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:11 AM

Your goal at this point should be to realize 40%+ ITM with a ROI of +12% over 500 events.

If you can achieve that in a week, terrific! More likely it will take a couple of months of serious play (2 tables only).

If not, start the numbers over and do it again (and again) until you learn enough to feel confident that you can beat the $11's for a profit each and every month while 2-tabling.

Then, you can think about 4-tabling and go to 1000 a month. Unless you have a shiny new luck-box, you will have a terrible time reaching this goal by August. Post your honest results August 15th and you'll see what I mean.

Better to learn the game, ask questions and play like a pro on 1 table than jump in and play like an idiot on four....

Just a humble opinion from a profitable Slacker
Old 06-22-2005, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
play these for a living also, and I used to play 10 per day, but now I am upping it to 25. I 3 table so 25 is about 6 hours per day. I may cut that back a little soon...more time for fun

[/ QUOTE ]

more money = more fun. you can sleep when yer dead. holla