Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Re: More basic handreading.

my best guess:

Hero 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB 10/10

UTG A 10 off
Old 06-21-2005, 12:31 PM

Ax [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] - You were SB after all, Maybe AT/A9
Old 06-21-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP: I put on suited AT (bonus if AT diamonds

You are EP (in SB) and if you were playing as usual, then you wouldn't pick an unsuited AT, and other hands seem unlikely given that you called a raise PF and the betting patterns that followed. I considered pocket tens, but I figured that you might have raised PF if you had had that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fairly certain Entity is raising ATo and TT from the SB here.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OP: I put on suited AT (bonus if AT diamonds

You are EP (in SB) and if you were playing as usual, then you wouldn't pick an unsuited AT, and other hands seem unlikely given that you called a raise PF and the betting patterns that followed. I considered pocket tens, but I figured that you might have raised PF if you had had that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fairly certain Entity is raising ATo and TT from the SB here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm raising TT and ATs always; I'm generally not raising ATo against this crowd, though.

Rob
Old 06-21-2005, 12:41 PM

BB: most likely ATs. AJ and TT are possible.

UTG: KQ. something that helped on the turn, but wasn't raise worthy PF. JT or a slowplayed A3 are possible.

Entity: JTs, 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

I think JTs is the least likely of those 3 since with these opponents, I think he'd just 3-bet the turn rather than donkbet. UTG's raise is indicating a decent holding, so there is potential for him to cap.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:44 PM

You would play ATo? I guess it's because I'm still trying to adhere to the SSH PF chart [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2005, 12:46 PM

Hero: I say you have Ax [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Reasonable hand to complete with from the SB. You flop TPWK and a BDNFD, giving you the outs to call one on the flop. When the NFD comes in on the turn, you have the odds to call 2 cold. Go crazy on the river when it hits.

UTG: His turn raise indicates, by your description, that he thinks he has the best hand. Such as the board is, I would guess he turned a two pair or possible straight. AQ/KQ/JT are my guesses.

BB: Toughie. His aggressiveness PF means he can be on a range of hands. I'm looking at the river play in particular because you say he's not so bad there. He simply calls UTG's turn raise, but then raises your river bet. JJ/TT/AJ are my guesses.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You would play ATo? I guess it's because I'm still trying to adhere to the SSH PF chart [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I would play (complete) ATo. I probably wouldn't raise it here but would raise it if UTG had just limped (if Button had folded). I would fold ATo on the turn and would not check-call the flop with it though.

Rob
Old 06-21-2005, 12:48 PM

PF: After two weak limpers your range of hands you would complete rather than raise with is probably reduced to small pocket pairs and low suited connectors. Anything with high card strength that you would play you'd probably come in for a raise except for the weakest of the broadway cards like JT QT and possibly Axs or Kxs (maybe A4-A2 or K8s-K3s) but I don't know if you limp with these or not. Let's say it's a possibility but doubtful.

At this point UTG could have any suited cards, any J, Q, K or A and possibly two brodways with and A and medium unsuited connectors. He doesn't have a premium A hand or he would have raised.

BB has at least a decent hand here. He has a chance to take a free flop but he decides to push an edge early and get momentum going intot he hand. The fact that he is shortstacked makes me even more confident he has something or else he certainly would have taken the free look before dumping his last few bets. He could have a pocket pair or any two broadway cards or possibly any A.

Flop: When you check and call you show that you do not have a hand worth protecting or else you would have bet and let the lag push out the others. You like your situation enough to see the turn which means you have some piece of the flop. We can now rule out the low PP's (outside chance you slowplay 33 here but unlikely.) It's more likely at this point you have a low gutshot with a backdoor flush either 45s or just a JT nut gutshot as this is a hand you would check call with. Axs is still a possibility as is Kxs. I'm not sure if you would protect your A here but it seems like you would.

BB's bet means nothing but we can assume he is 50/50 to have hit this flop given our pf read. Given his pf raise he'll bet this flop no matter what he has 100% of the time to represent AA even if he has 77.

UTG hit this flop or has a low pocket pair and will hang around for no good reason. He likely has a weak A or K or possibly a gut shot with JT. He's folding the rest of his crap hands.

Turn: Here is where we start seeing what you all have. BB auto-bets. Then the passive UTG wakes up! Hmmm. He has something big here. He has either KQ or JT. You know this and yet you CC. This means you have a live flush draw. You can't have JT because I think you 3-bet that for value here. I'm now thinking 45diamonds and Axdiamonds are the only holdings you can have here that you wouldn't have raised back. I'm going to put you squarely on 45s as I really think you would have raised the flop with top pair and you couldn't have had Kxdiamonds obviously. When BB calls he has to think he's behind or else he would have reraised. He looks like he might have AJ through A2 at this point leaning more to AJ or AT no flush draw as he'd probably get all his money in here with the flush draw top pair.

River: You donk bet representing a flush or str8. You are hoping the LAG will assume you are just bluffing hoping for a cheap showdown and will reraise you to punish you or that if he doesn't the passive guy will be too afraid to bet his str8. You obviously have a monster and don't want to C/R for fear of killing your action or it being checked through. You also like the overlay with UTG not being able to get away from his str8 When BB raises you know he has AT or the nut flush. He simply must have hit his str8 or flush here. UTG calls with his KQ or str8 not realizing he's moved from first to worst in one card. You reraise knowing that even if the LAG has the nut flush you cannot be reraised as he's all-in and UTG is defintely eating your dust. The fact that BB is all-in makes his betting a little less likely to mean a true monster he probably 3 bets the turn with the flush draw and top pair almost broke. I guess he raises with the str8.

So here are my guesses...
You 45diamonds
BB ATo (not the nut str8)
SB JTo
Old 06-21-2005, 01:38 PM

Why would hero be peeling one off the flop if he had 76s?